Bookmark and Share
JMU1987UVA1998 Online
1st String

I Root For: JMU
RE: CAA Streaming Deal with FloSports
(03-11-2021 03:46 PM)JMad03 Wrote:  
(03-11-2021 03:25 PM)JMUNation Wrote:  
(03-11-2021 02:16 PM)JMURocks Wrote:  
(03-11-2021 12:17 PM)JMUNation Wrote:  My educated guess is that Flo hasn’t made its projected revenue due to COVID’s impact and thus is not paying out to schools as anticipated. Without the payout, why should schools help Flo succeed?

My guess is the CAA will pull out of this deal early or Flo will fold once its private equity money is exhausted and they don’t receive a second capital injection.

Eh, if anything COVID should be boosting their revenues since they have captive fans that can't attend games in person. They should be making money hand over fist like Zoom and some others are.

If they are struggling financially, I'd just chalk that up to them being a craptastic service not many people want to pay for. Our fans are grudgingly paying for it because there is no option right now. And even some of our fans have said "no thanks" and are sitting it out.

If they aren't paying as per the terms of the contract, the whole thing should be null and void. If that's the case, the CAA should already be exploring alternatives and looking to terminate it.

You forget that the CAA and FCS are having abbreviated seasons so Flo’s content isn’t what it normally would be. With the exception of JMU, no other CAA school has much of a fan following. W&M is likely the next largest fan base followed by Delaware. When I have attended the CAA tournament, it is like a ghost town most nights. A far cry from the VCU, ODU and GMU days.

What other leagues did they strike a deal with? When I look at upcoming games on their app, I don’t see a ton of offerings.

Flo isn’t ABC, CBS nor NBC. I doubt COVID has been a boon to their business but can’t say I have researched it either.

The Flo deal is based on subscriptions. If they aren't paying out, it probably means they aren't getting the amount of subscriptions they were hoping to get.
Let's be honest: most of those subscriptions would be associated with JMU. We have the largest fan base in the conference.
Blaming it on Covid is two-fold. One one hand, there were less games. But on the other, watching online is the only way to watch the games this year. So if your team is playing, you're either paying flo to watch the games or you just aren't watching.
The big problem with this media deal is that we were forced into it. When you are forced into something, it certainly doesn't make fans want to join, especially JMU fans that had a free option taken away from us because of the CAA and their garbage deal.
I hope they lose a LOT of money on this deal. They deserve it.

I hope the Flosports deal takes Joe D' down. Let's be honest he's a camera hound and a stuff shirt. Even a bigger looking one than some say some of our Admin can be from time to time.

Who appoints him the Presidents of the colleges in the CAA?
03-11-2021 06:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
CAA Streaming Deal with FloSports - JMU85 - 08-02-2019, 11:23 AM
CAA Streaming Deal with FloSports - JMU85 - 10-19-2019, 07:50 PM
CAA Streaming Deal with FloSports - JMU85 - 11-06-2019, 07:59 PM
CAA Streaming Deal with FloSports - JMU85 - 11-06-2019, 08:24 PM
CAA Streaming Deal with FloSports - jmufbs - 03-03-2021, 12:51 PM
RE: CAA Streaming Deal with FloSports - JMU1987UVA1998 - 03-11-2021 06:10 PM
CAA Streaming Deal with FloSports - JMU85 - 10-02-2021, 03:32 PM
CAA Streaming Deal with FloSports - JMU85 - 10-16-2021, 01:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.