Bookmark and Share
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: James Madison
RE: CAA Streaming Deal with FloSports
(05-14-2019 04:52 PM)PGJMU2 Wrote:  
(05-14-2019 10:09 AM)Dukester Wrote:  
(05-14-2019 08:05 AM)JMad03 Wrote:  
(05-13-2019 04:28 PM)Potomac Wrote:  http://www.dnronline.com/dnronline/caa-f...e6ab0.html

A great article by Greg that helps shed some light on this flosports deal. It answers some questions in this very thread.

A key takeaway: Kevin Warner said it’s JMU’s goal to have all six home games air on RSNs, in addition to flo.

One thing I do like is the want some schools to step up their media quality. Nothing says small time more than poor media presentation. There are some really, really bad presentations from CAA schools so that them requiring all of the schools to step up their game is a very good thing. I do wonder if there will be any penalty for those schools that go back on that offer, but hopefully that won't be an issue.
As it was said in the article, if we have to pay for this service then the quality has to be acceptable. I'm glad they are not accepting the current state of the presentations because a large portion of them need to be improved. The fact that some schools don't even display the score or time remaining is ridiculous.

Hyper mentioned that certain parts of Flo (FloMarching for example) have their own "shows" to talk about things. IMO I think they do a pretty good job in the ones I've watched. I've gotta think that (maybe not this year) that they would have a show recapping the week and talking about upcoming matchups, etc.

This is all I care about at this point.

James Madison University assistant athletic director for communications Kevin Warner has already said the Dukes plan to televise all six of their home football games this season on a regional sports network. In 2018, JMU put all five of its home games on one of three networks – NBC Sports Washington, NBC Sports Washington Plus or MASN.

I think this will pay dividends now and in the future. This allows fans the ability to easily follow a premier successful athletic program even if they cannot attend a game. It will pay for itself in future ticket revenues and donations.

Dukester and I agree!!!! 04-cheers

This is way underestimated. Whatever JMU is paying to broadcast these, it is well worth if for 3 hours of branding blasted into the DC and virginia marketplaces. The Stadium and school show well and give a big time feel. Once we get the new arena up, I would love to see the same done with hoops. probably tougher given the time of year and competition with Caps and wiz.

Perhaps I’m overly optimistic, but it seems possible they could break even or generate a small revenue stream with this if the viewership numbers are good and they sell enough ad slots. At the least, it should help offset some of the costs.
05-14-2019 05:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CAA Streaming Deal with FloSports - JMURocks - 05-14-2019 05:23 PM
CAA Streaming Deal with FloSports - JMU85 - 08-02-2019, 11:23 AM
CAA Streaming Deal with FloSports - JMU85 - 10-19-2019, 07:50 PM
CAA Streaming Deal with FloSports - JMU85 - 11-06-2019, 07:59 PM
CAA Streaming Deal with FloSports - JMU85 - 11-06-2019, 08:24 PM
CAA Streaming Deal with FloSports - jmufbs - 03-03-2021, 12:51 PM
CAA Streaming Deal with FloSports - JMU85 - 10-02-2021, 03:32 PM
CAA Streaming Deal with FloSports - JMU85 - 10-16-2021, 01:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.