CAA Streaming Deal with FloSports
Bookmark and Share
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
RE: CAA Streaming Deal with FloSports
(05-10-2019 10:03 AM)JMURocks Wrote:  
(05-10-2019 09:08 AM)Dukester Wrote:  
(05-10-2019 08:29 AM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  Shady - subtle but important note here, Madizone is sponsored by the Alumni Association, not the Duke Club. Easy confusion. Most people probably think that sponsorship is an easy job of re-adjusting money in JMU's spreadsheets, but it is real dollars from groups of sponsors (affinity partners, etc https://www.alumni.jmu.edu/s/1591/18/int...3&pgid=425) toward the Alumni Association (a Virginia non-stock corporation) that pays the sponsorship to Madizone.

If athletics would lose that sponsorship, it will take a major corporation to pick up that tab, or all of us paying $$ for the content. People complain about $12.50/mo to watch JMU sports, but we also want JMU to be raising more money (see the sweaty ODU thread) and a lot of people aren't willing to pony up. I am sure those people waste more than $12 bucks a month on less.

Me personally I don't get jacked about the Flo thing. It might be worth it if they covered most or 100% of conference games, but the 15% JMU coverage is lame.

To me it's more trying to figure what is better for JMU, which I'm sure they are struggling with.

A) Do we make this an additional revenue stream?
B) With the additional stream mean less people will watch (and have less engagement with JMU sports) and in the long run hurt revenues.

To me it's not the arguement of should they pony up, it's if they would pony up. Everyone makes their own decisions on how or if they support.

Agree.

I feel the revenue from this particular deal is not large enough to justify reducing exposure/branding (long term growth).

Hope that FloSports will bring a lot more viewers than I would expect. Clearly ESPN+ would have much more exposure, but perhaps the RSN exposure is even greater. If it weren't for the "linear" cable tv restrictions with ESPN+ , it would be the better choice I feel. With the RSN channels, its harder to evaluate. I'd be curious what our ratings/viewership is for each of the media outlets involved here.

I share your opinion. The 4 year contract is a big sticking point for me. Who knows what streaming looks like 4 years from now, but the CAA will be stuck with FloSports for better or for worse.
05-10-2019 05:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CAA Streaming Deal with FloSports - Hart Foundation - 05-10-2019 05:27 PM
CAA Streaming Deal with FloSports - JMU85 - 08-02-2019, 11:23 AM
CAA Streaming Deal with FloSports - JMU85 - 10-19-2019, 07:50 PM
CAA Streaming Deal with FloSports - JMU85 - 11-06-2019, 07:59 PM
CAA Streaming Deal with FloSports - JMU85 - 11-06-2019, 08:24 PM
CAA Streaming Deal with FloSports - jmufbs - 03-03-2021, 12:51 PM
CAA Streaming Deal with FloSports - JMU85 - 10-02-2021, 03:32 PM
CAA Streaming Deal with FloSports - JMU85 - 10-16-2021, 01:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.