Bookmark and Share
Dukester Online

I Root For: JMU
RE: OT: Steve Buckhantz might be gone?
(12-05-2019 04:03 PM)Anders Wrote:  
(12-05-2019 04:01 PM)JMURocks Wrote:  
(12-05-2019 03:55 PM)Dukester Wrote:  
(12-05-2019 03:47 PM)jmudukes001 Wrote:  
(12-05-2019 03:37 PM)Dukester Wrote:  Would take Wes in a NY second. He just started a 300k 10 year contract. In my opinion he would be worth 500-600k contract at JMU. No necessarily a splash hire, but one hell of a quality hire.

If we go down the x-player route again he is one I would be excited about.

Yes, I mentioned him last year during the big debate of whether to retain Rowe at the end of last season. I have been following him and UNCG the last couple seasons. I think he will end up at a place much better than JMU and the CAA, but if he can get us back to the top of the CAA first, it would be great.

I'm confident he would be successful at JMU. He could make this existing freshman class a top 100 team for each of the next three seasons.

Miller would a 9 or 10 (outa 10) hire in my opinion. It would be awesome.

Of course he left JMU due to a poor decision the current administration made while he was here. I believe the story was he was pissed when Dillard was retained.

It is worth noting that Wes himself had .500 and below seasons for the first 5 years he was coaching. His past 3 have been very very good. Something clicked for him at UNCG in 2016. Before that, it didn't look so great.

Was just about to post this. Not interested in arguing about this with anyone but funny how he wasn’t an instant success at UNCG either. Different situations but something to keep in mind 07-coffee3

Very different. Wes took over partial season year one. He was really not ready to coach yet, but the situation dictated giving him the job mid-season to cause less ripples in the season. His first year he inherited a team that had lost 11 straight games and that team went on to win the conference under Wes. He was the youngest head coach in all of Men's basketball at the time. Yes, his 2 through 4 seasons were not good, but 4 of his 7 years he finished with at least 10 conference wins and his last 2 seasons his teams have really excelled. Wes actually was coach of the year in his first season.

Lou took over at 43, Wes took over mid-season at the age of 28. That's a big difference. And once again - does anyone think we are well coached or see improvement?

Sagarins:

For Lou

2017 = #228
2018 = #230
2019 = #265
2020 = #249 (current)

For Wes
2012 = #281
2013 = #303
2014 = #304
2015 = #295
2016 = #251
2017 = #151
2018 = #101
2019 = #96
2020 = #70 (current)

Lou's results have dropped off from what Brady had.

Wes took over a bad program midway through the season at age 28.

"Different situations" - I agree with.

Wes has moved UNCG the last three years to where I believe JMU should be - A top 100 program. Top 100 for JMU is a very reasonable expectation.
12-05-2019 05:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: Steve Buckhantz might be gone? - Dukester - 12-05-2019 05:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.