Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rice Quad Supreme Court / Legal Decisions Thread
Rice93 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
RE: Rice Quad Supreme Court / Legal Decisions Thread
(04-13-2023 05:03 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  
(04-13-2023 01:42 PM)Rice93 Wrote:  Not quite. One of your explanations for his Nazi collecting was something to the effect of (not an exact quote bc I don't care to look it up), 'I think this guy has just run out of things to spend his money on'. It didn't have to to with how collectibles associated with questionable people can hold value. That's why I responded the way I did with a joke (and I preceded this whole thing by saying that I'm mostly joking) about how one is compelled to collect Nazi stuff once they've collected everything else.

You understand the difference between an 'explanation' and an 'alternative possibility', right?

I haven't EXPLAINED anything... because I don't know... and neither do you. You've HEARD (from people you probably don't know) things and you've put them forth as the ONLY logical explanation for things... and then when presented with equally logical possibility, you PRETEND that I'm claiming some knowledge here.

The bottom line is that you presented a bunch of reasons which a rich guy might invest in Nazi momentos. I don't think any of your potential reasons are "wrong" but none of them explain why the rich guy decides to display this Nazi stuff in a prominent enough place in his house that multiple visitors report being shocked by the items.

I'm not disagreeing with any of possible explanations as to why Crow owns this stuff... I'm maintaining that it's weird to display them like he apparently does.

Quote:
Quote:As to the bolded, it really doesn't need to continue to be repeated as I have been crystal clear about that I don't think Crow owning Nazi stuff means that he embraces Nazi ideals. I just think displaying them in his home is weird.

And I suggested that a conservative displaying a statue of Che and Castro is equally weird... but that doesn't have the 'impact' of HITLER, does it. I suspect he has ALL SORTS of 'weird' stuff.

I'm sure he does. Maybe put more of the obsure stuff out and less of the Hitler-y stuff out? IDK. Personal choice I guess.

Quote:
Quote:I love all the education I'm getting in this thread on how wealthy people live and behave. It's fascinating!

Quit feigning ignorance about them and I'll quit explaining it to you.

You are lecturing me about things like "Rich people buy art to pass along wealth to their descendants" and I'm simply saying that displaying Nazi stuff in his house is a weird move. I'm not feigning ignorance about why rich people own art or rare artifacts.

Quote:
Quote:The accounts from multiple people who have actually been in his house make it sound like the presentation of the material (especially the paintings and Mein Kamph) is pretty jarring but yeah, you and I don't know exactly how it is presented. Maybe it's all pretty much hidden unless you really want to find it.

Precisely what I said... thank you for admitting it finally. Maybe next time try doing that without 5 pages of acting like you know something that you obviously don't... and ignoring that people who tell stories often have 'agendas'.

I can either go by first-hand accounts of multiple people who have been to Crow's house or I can go by your best guesses about what it is on display and why. Are your guess more likely to be accurate?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:Oh ****. Back to AOC. She sucks and I DISAGREE WITH HER IDEA THAT THIS IS GROUNDS FOR IMPEACHMENT. I've already said that but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Ham.

Yes... you are FINALLY hearing my point.

LOL. I've basically said that exact thing already in this thread.

You edited my comment to make it appear that this was all I said in response.

Without the following comment, the intent behind my comment does not make sense.
Quote:You have a simple and concise rebuke (that you've repeated almost verbatim a few times)... but you've engaged in dozens of ways to 'cast shade' on Crow (and Thomas). That is PRECISELY what I'm pointing out.
When you add that back to the comment you selectively quoted above, it is clear that I'm talking about how simple and concise your rebuke of AOC is, vs your much more broad and reaching comments about Crow. Perhaps I could have said it better, but that is what I meant and it makes sense to me. You seemed to be able to easily sum up your AOC comment because its pretty much all you've had to say on it. I'm sure you'd LIKE to similarly sum up your comment about Crow (and Thomas by association) but you've said VASTLY more than a simple 'I'm sure he's not a Nazi, but its weird that he has this stuff'.

I think I've summed it up as something like "It is his right to own the Nazi stuff, I don't think that it makes him a Nazi, but it is weird if he displays it prominently in his house" about what feels like a thousand times at this point.

Quote:I'll take ownership of poor wording, but that is what i meant.... in part because of the following:

Quote:Except that I've been very very clear in separating the weird Nazi stuff from any potential shade cast on Thomas. You keep missing/ignoring that.

I've actually addressed it directly and haven't ignored it at all. You keep acting as if it isn't intended to cast shade... but it is and does and you KNOW that it is and it does..... Because as I've explained, the POWER comes from the association.... not from any 'proof' of it... because you seem well aware that the proof has no/few legs. All this means is that you're smart enough to realize that DIRECTLY accusing him of being a Nazi would open you up to dismissal... so you throw the 'shade' out there... and then you softly backtrack it after the damage is done.

So when I say... wow... this Nazi collecting thing is a weird, surprising side note to this Thomas story but let me be clear that it does not mean anything when it comes to this Thomas story... I actually mean for it to mean something when it comes to the Thomas story? Gotcha.

Quote:Same way you did with the 'scare away Jewish friends' casting shade on my comment, only to immediately then admit what I was pointing out,... and that was that 'scaring' them was at best, overly-dramatic.

It's not terribly indifferent from your 'You okay Bro?' responses to some of Good Owl's more ... I don't know what the word is... interesting?... posts. What you're 'saying' sounds like you're genuinely concerned for his well being... and if challenged, you MIGHT claim this... but what you're REALLY doing is dismissing his posts as if he is (not assigning these words to you... but it fits) not well mentally.

I wasn't meant to "cast shade" on your comment. I meant to discuss how a certain sector of people might feel about the topic at hand that maybe you hadn't considered.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
(04-13-2023 03:51 PM)Rice93 Wrote:  Mimicking the continuous MSNBC feed last night on the Thomas subject.

I caught a couple of episodes of Beef (Netflix) with my wife on Sunday night and then I watched 4Q/OT of the Lakers play-in game two nights ago. That's been the extent of my TV watching over the past week.

Then congrats -- you did a superb imitation of the MSNBC insinuation all on your own and unprompted.

I haven't watched MSNBC. Are they saying that the Crow Nazi stuff is simply a weird side note and it has nothing to do with the Clarence Thomas deal or are they linking the two stories?

It's interesting that some people post links to whatever story Tucker Carlson is furious about on a near-daily basis and have been doing so for years and yet I haven't seen you jump on them even once about it.

Couldn't agree more with Tanq on this one....

As for your explanation, I'm pretty sure we had a conversation perhaps even more than a year ago about how the left never misses an opportunity to label someone from the right a Nazi or racist.

The facts speak for themselves here. You didn't have to watch ANY specific station 'this week or last' in order to have heard that Thomas' friend owns hitler paintings and a signed book.... and to know that 'associating Republicans with Nazis or racists' is inflammatory to the right and 'has legs' with the left.

You can feign innocence all you want, but the facts are pretty clear.

So I shouldn't have mentioned the Nazi collection side note because of course it was going to cast shade on Thomas even though I took great pains to say... "let me be clear... this story has nothing to do with Thomas?" Huh.
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2023 05:46 PM by Rice93.)
04-13-2023 05:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rice Quad Supreme Court Thread - mrbig - 06-13-2019, 12:36 PM
RE: Rice Quad Supreme Court Thread - mrbig - 09-24-2020, 11:15 AM
RE: Rice Quad Supreme Court Thread - mrbig - 09-28-2020, 10:05 AM
RE: Rice Quad Supreme Court Thread - mrbig - 06-13-2019, 03:11 PM
RE: Rice Quad Supreme Court Thread - mrbig - 06-13-2019, 04:22 PM
RE: Rice Quad Supreme Court Thread - mrbig - 06-13-2019, 04:29 PM
RE: Rice Quad Supreme Court Thread - mrbig - 06-13-2019, 04:53 PM
RE: Rice Quad Supreme Court Thread - mrbig - 06-13-2019, 04:59 PM
RE: Rice Quad Supreme Court Thread - mrbig - 06-13-2019, 05:10 PM
RE: Rice Quad Supreme Court Thread - mrbig - 06-13-2019, 06:30 PM
RE: Rice Quad Supreme Court Thread - mrbig - 06-25-2019, 12:23 AM
RE: Rice Quad Supreme Court Thread - mrbig - 06-26-2019, 11:15 AM
RE: Rice Quad Supreme Court Thread - mrbig - 09-28-2020, 10:09 AM
RE: Rice Quad Supreme Court Thread - mrbig - 10-14-2020, 11:52 AM
RE: Rice Quad Supreme Court Thread - mrbig - 10-15-2020, 12:17 AM
RE: Rice Quad Supreme Court Thread - mrbig - 10-15-2020, 10:34 AM
RE: Rice Quad Supreme Court Thread - mrbig - 10-15-2020, 11:00 AM
RE: Rice Quad Supreme Court Thread - mrbig - 10-15-2020, 12:05 PM
RE: Rice Quad Supreme Court Thread - mrbig - 10-16-2020, 03:36 PM
RE: Rice Quad Supreme Court Thread - mrbig - 10-16-2020, 03:17 PM
Rice Quad Supreme Court Thread - chrisc - 10-06-2020, 12:17 PM
RE: Rice Quad Supreme Court Thread - mrbig - 10-15-2020, 12:18 AM
RE: Rice Quad Supreme Court Thread - mrbig - 10-15-2020, 10:40 AM
RE: Rice Quad Supreme Court Thread - mrbig - 10-15-2020, 11:03 AM
RE: Rice Quad Supreme Court Thread - mrbig - 10-15-2020, 10:54 AM
RE: Rice Quad Supreme Court Thread - mrbig - 10-15-2020, 12:03 PM
RE: Rice Quad Supreme Court Thread - mrbig - 10-16-2020, 03:27 PM
RE: Rice Quad Supreme Court / Legal Decisions Thread - Rice93 - 04-13-2023 05:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.