Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: How do you feel about recruiting D2 schools with FB?
FCS football will stabilize the league, more FB schools should be added
The WAC needs to focus on basketball
No strong feelings
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
How do you feel about WAC FCS football?
Bookmark and Share
PojoaquePosse Offline
Blowhard

I Root For: NMSU
RE: How do you feel about WAC FCS football?
(01-30-2019 11:54 AM)ProfScott Wrote:  
(01-30-2019 11:12 AM)PojoaquePosse Wrote:  
(01-29-2019 04:31 PM)ProfScott Wrote:  
(01-29-2019 03:30 PM)PojoaquePosse Wrote:  
(01-29-2019 03:18 PM)Lopes87 Wrote:  BYU is mormon school University of the Pacific is methodist Pepperdine is Church of Christ so the WCC has already set the precedent for inviting not Catholic schools into the WCC. BYU entered 2011 Pacific 2013 and Pepperdine 1955. Do I think GCU gets an invite soon? I don't but these 3 schools have paved a way for GCU to make an argument to get an invite.

I don't know why everyone keeps thinking the WCC is looking to add or that GCU and Seattle fit the profile (not saying you are proposing this). Seattle definitely does more so than GCU. GCU is still very much tainted as a for profit school. Heck, Denver left the WAC due to their dislike of GCU's for profit status at the time.

The WCC just made huge concessions to keep Gonzaga. Now they are supposed to add more schools and take more bites out of the apple? I don't see it. I can find absolutely no reason why the WCC would want/need to add any schools.
First, GCU is not going to the WCC even if they got an invite. Period. GCU is very committed to the WAC.
Second, what do these posts have to do with WAC FCS football possibilities?
Third, why so much discussion about a "tainted" former for-profit institution? Hmm...

I was commenting on the ridiculous notion that 1) the WCC was even remotely looking to expand and 2) Seattle and GCU were prime candidates for expansion. These notions are mentioned in this thread, no?

No conference in the country would have taken GCU because of their for profit status. For whatever reason, it was a dark cloud that no one wanted to touch. Do you not believe this to be true? The WAC was and continues to be willing to take any warm body to keep the conference alive.

I'm not trying to bash GCU or poke you in the eye. I was trying to state what I considered to be facts. I like having GCU in the WAC and am glad they continue to improve. But man, you are starting to really make me dislike your school.
Posse, thanks for your comments. I will go back to being the positive, nice guy that I was in the past. 04-bow This month, I was just trying a new tactic which included (1) defending GCU no matter what, and (2) trying to drum up more traffic on this site by being a bit more aggressive in my comments. The dislike you are feeling towards GCU (due to my recent posts) is similar to the frustration many of us non-Aggie posters have felt for years. I agree with you that it does not feel good.
Experiment concluded. Back to my normal self again. 05-stirthepot

I've felt the frustration from Aggie fans myself and spoke out against it on many occasions. The whole GCU/NMSU "thing" on these boards is weird to me.
01-30-2019 01:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you feel about WAC FCS football? - PojoaquePosse - 01-30-2019 01:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.