Bookmark and Share
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
RE: Another embarrassing bowl loss.
(12-19-2018 11:13 PM)VegasHuskie Wrote:  
(12-19-2018 05:13 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  
(12-19-2018 05:05 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
(12-19-2018 04:36 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  The program is headed in a really bad direction and what is worse, we do not have an AD that is competent or even gives a damn to change things.

The program is headed in a really bad direction?

I will say this once, and only once.

OOC win vs BYU
MAC West title
MAC Football championship
Bowl game against a good opponent
First Team All-American

If only ANY OTHER ATHLETIC TEAM at NIU could mirror the football team's success.

Quote:The team is headed in a “good Mac team” direction. But for some reason a good portion of this board thinks NIU should be headed toward greatness, but none of them can give a solid reason as to why.

We have seen "greatness", at least our version of it. We played in an access bowl, and were one game away from playing in a second consecutive one.

We have seen what NIU can achieve at it's highest level, and I don't think it unreasonable to hope that the program can return to that extreme level of achievement.

To use the Kansas City Royals; they played in consecutive World Series'. They are now down again and they will always have a difficult time returning to that pinnacle because of the market they play in and the financial constraints they play under. It isn't that dissimilar to the disadvantages that NIU has to fight through.

I don't think Royals fans, however, will be on any message board stating they would just be content if their team can win their division and not compete for another World Series berth.

It's not a perfect analogy, but you get my drift. Watching the Huskies in the Orange Bowl was one of the proudest moments of my life as a sports fan. I am sure we all felt like that.

I find it confusing why those of us who hope to see NIU return to that type of glory are ostracized and mocked. Winning the MAC is cool, but it is no substitute for a bigger national achievement. The playoffs will be expanding soon, and G5 teams will have a shot at a national title. That's what I want for NIU, far fetched as it may seem

Yeah these same people who dont want people to want the best for NIU are the same people that would rather have no lines for the bathroom than for NIU to be good. I am tired of that kind of fan telling the rest of us we are bad fans for that. Despicable. I am convinced things wont improve at NIU until Frazier leaves. Unfortunately I dont think any other school is going to touch him with a 10 foot pole now
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018 11:23 PM by MaddDawgz02.)
12-19-2018 11:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Another embarrassing bowl loss. - Spudskie - 12-18-2018, 10:31 PM
RE: Another embarrassing bowl loss. - HW58 - 12-19-2018, 08:50 AM
RE: Another embarrassing bowl loss. - HW58 - 12-19-2018, 11:01 AM
RE: Another embarrassing bowl loss. - MaddDawgz02 - 12-19-2018 11:23 PM
RE: Another embarrassing bowl loss. - BobL - 12-20-2018, 09:16 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.