Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Big Ten targeting Texas and Oklahoma?
Fighting Muskie Offline
Senior Chief Realignmentologist

I Root For: Ohio St, UC,MAC
RE: Big Ten targeting Texas and Oklahoma?
JR--your 56 are pretty close to where I would put them too.

Ariz St gets a pass even though they aren't AAU--I'm not sure Utah does though. I could also see AAU Iowa St and Kansas as part of the Big Ten group at the expense of the Utes and another non-AAU like BC or Syracuse.

I think the SEC group is spot on except if Kansas is snatched by the Big Ten at the expense of someone like Utah. You might find yourselves with Oklahoma St or Texas Tech instead.

I also think both blocks maintain the conference names. Those names have existed for a long time and have very strong brand power.

I think both blocks beef up the conference networks into multi-channel affairs and both pursue exclusive streaming deals with a FAANG company where some games are only available through that streaming service.

So who do you think will bid on the SEC tier 1 package, particularly if relations with CBS have soured? What kind of inventory do you see the network pursuing if they lose that deal? Grabbing the AAC on the cheap? overpaying to get the Big 12 to maintain appearances and connections to a major conference?
01-18-2019 10:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Big Ten targeting Texas and Oklahoma? - Fighting Muskie - 01-18-2019 10:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.