Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Why do all these racists keep joining the GOP?
Frizzy Owl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice
RE: Why do all these racists keep joining the GOP?
(06-03-2020 12:55 PM)Rice93 Wrote:  
(06-03-2020 12:42 PM)Frizzy Owl Wrote:  
(06-03-2020 12:15 PM)Rice93 Wrote:  
(06-03-2020 11:35 AM)Frizzy Owl Wrote:  
(06-03-2020 10:38 AM)Rice93 Wrote:  Is your assertion that black people tend to be treated better in areas where the GOP is in power?

I don't read that into what he said, either. He didn't even mention the GOP.

The basic choice is one of two parties. When one says "The Democrats haven't handled this issue well. They should be voted out." the implication is that the GOP would handle the issue better. He didn't have to mention the GOP by name.

Quote:
Quote:Like most things... I sure that the reason that Minnesota is having these recurrent issues is quite nuanced. Saying "Vote out the Democrats" doesn't make sense to me.

Well, they're in charge. The police there are their employees. If they aren't responsible for police conduct and accountability, then who is? If people living in Minneapolis want things to change, doesn't it make sense to vote for a change in leadership?

Remember this next time you're blaming a Republican president for this or that action by the federal government.

I have a hard time ascribing these "excessive use of force" issues in the Minnesota police force to the platform of the Democratic party.

Nobody's doing that. The Minneapolis police issues are being ascribed to the people in charge of Minneapolis. As it happens, those people are Democrats.

Are you arguing that because they are Democrats, they should be excused by the voters instead of voted out of office? If not, then just what is your point?

Quote:I have an even harder time figuring out how GOP policies would improve this situation.

Do you have a hard time believing that a change in leadership would improve the situation? If you do, then why hold any politician of either party accountable for anything? If the incumbents in Minneapolis run for re-election, then how - pray tell - can the voters change the leadership, except by voting for their opponents?

There are certain issues that I think are easier to pin responsibility on the current party in charge than others. There are plenty of issues that the Democrats fumble and I'd agree that voting against them on that basis makes sense. This simply isn't one of those IMO.

Taking a snapshot of the country right now... things are pretty damn bleak. Are you going to assign blame to the Republicans who have been in charge for the past 3 1/2 years for our current situation?

Credit - and blame - to each where it is due.

That's what "nuance" means in this context.

You're using nuance as a smokescreen - because the current leadership of the Minneapolis police aren't entirely responsible, you say voters shouldn't hold them at all responsible.

Do you think Biden will do a better job than Trump of addressing the issues behind the riots? If you do, would you accept an argument that because the problems are nuanced there's no reason to vote for a change?

If you find that argument unacceptable, then why are you making it?
06-03-2020 02:29 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do all these racists keep joining the GOP? - Frizzy Owl - 06-03-2020 02:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.