Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Why do all these racists keep joining the GOP?
RiceLad15 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls
RE: Why do all these racists keep joining the GOP?
(08-06-2019 02:33 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  
(08-06-2019 02:08 PM)Rice93 Wrote:  
(08-06-2019 02:01 PM)Tomball Owl Wrote:  
(08-06-2019 01:55 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(08-06-2019 01:37 PM)Tomball Owl Wrote:  Wow. That’s not good.

I found this on police response time.

“Allen said his department received initial reports of the shooting at 10:39 a.m. and first responders arrived six minutes later. Police asked people to stay away from the area and to look for missing family members at a school being used as a reunification area. El Paso Police Sgt. Enrique Carrillo told reporters shortly before 1 p.m. that one person was in custody and there was no longer an "imminent threat" to the area.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/el-paso-walma...-allen.amp

Less than a minute in Dayton, 6 minutes later in El Paso. Even a minute would seem like an eternity in such a situation.

I believe the Dayton shooting happened in a popular going out area, at night, where bouncers and cops were numerous.

So I wouldn't use the response times to compare the quality of the two departments given the circumstances of places/times.

And Walmart in El Paso on tax-free day was obviously a "popular going out area" where security and cops should have been present and numerous.

Wow. That seems pretty problematic. I wonder if Walmart will be subject to any lawsuits for what seems like incredibly inadequate (? zero) security.

I dont think there is any question over suits -- anyone can sue anyone else for anything.

The issue is whether Walmart is liable. Do you think they were negligent in not having armed security? If so, what size of company is 'required' to provide armed security? In your mind, is, say, an establishment the size of a Luby's cafeteria required to have armed security?

Sorry I dont think the answer to that is so cut and dried as you might make it out to be at first blush.

I'm in the same boat. Not sure why Tomball thinks a Wal-Mart on tax free day needs the same type of security presence as a popular bar area on a Saturday night. The key isn't that it was an area where a lot of people congregate, but an area where a lot of drunk/under the influence people congregate.

I would understand if Wal-Mart positioned a security guard to deter thefts on a busy day. But I wouldn't expect that security guard to be armed.
08-06-2019 03:38 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do all these racists keep joining the GOP? - RiceLad15 - 08-06-2019 03:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.