Open Response to Enquirer Sports "Columnist" Paul Daugherty
Bookmark and Share
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
RE: Open Response to Enquirer Sports "Columnist" Paul Daugherty
(08-16-2018 09:11 AM)Not Duane Wrote:  
(08-15-2018 08:51 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  [Image: pdoc-enquirer.jpg]

Hey Paul Dik (Doc) Daugherty! I appreciate your unbiased opinion and your honest negativity. I don't know what your salary is for writing articles for the Enquirer but something tells me it's the most you can ever make and this is why you're still working in Cincinnati for the Blandquirer. See below my responses to your opinion piece...

Quote:I’M HEADED SOON TO HIGHER GROUND. Not that higher ground, smart guy. The one over in Indiana, where UC football works out. And I have a question:

Who cares?

I care. A lot. I know thousands more do as well. I attended UC when the football program looked and performed like Division II, Tim Murphy was the head coach and the Nip was 1/3 full. People cared EVEN THEN Paul. See, I appreciate the lengths our university has invested to bring our program this far forward since those days. I still care living nearly 500 miles away in North Carolina.

Quote:I don’t mean to be insensitive with the question. I’m curious.

Yes. Yes you did mean to be an insensitive snark. Did you take notice after Butch Jones' first season at the helm finishing 4-8? How about the Reds? They've done quite well the past four seasons. Lots of butts in the seats in that beautiful stadium. Do you care? I'm curious.

Quote:I just don’t feel any excitement for UC football around here.

No problem. Keep your flaccid energy and enthusiasm when sitting behind your keyboard. I'm excited for the team to take the next step and show flashes of a steadying rebuild and retooling after the previous regime left a mess. I'm excited to see some of the talent take the field and perform including the DL, TE's and RB's. Oh, are you aware we have a 240 pound frosh running back (Tavion Thomas) who runs like a deer? I'm excited living 500 miles away when traveling to see the Cats is not as easy as it is for you. Thousands more are excited to put the past two seasons further in the rear view mirror.

Quote:Even the salary-stealing Tuberville came with some buzz. We had Gunnar Kiel to salivate about. At least for a little while. Now. . . what?

The buzz leaked after Year 1 and deflated like a whoopee cushion after Year 2 once the fraud was truly exposed. The damage done after Year 4 is still impacting us this year and far offsets any positive energy felt when the Ghost of Cadaver's Past came to town. Why even bring this up? You're really twisting the knife with a smile.

Quote:Fickell is understated. He’s not a salesman, which means he better start winning.

Salesman? How about first repairing and rebuilding relationships that were damaged by the previous regime? Some Ohio high schools didn't want us on their property. Recruiting talent has picked up. Seems to me you have to have a "sales pitch" to bring the recruits to our non P5 program. I'm sure the pressure to win is felt and duly noted. Thanks for the job performance demand and insight Captain Obvious. Wait, I thought you didn't care?

Quote:Meantime, what does UC football do for you, right about now?

Right about now? I need my Bearcats football fix yesterday. September 1st can't get here fast enough. Amped up and rarin' to go! Meantime, what does that Blandquirer keyboard do for you, right about now? Your creative juices? Fair to middlin'? What impact has your opinion writing done for the City of Cincinnati vs. the impact of our football program over the past two decades? I'm curious.

To prove him wrong, UC FB will have to post a series of CONVINCING winning records and WIN bowl games of some consequence...otherwise, he's basically correct.

We did it from 2006-2015. Beat teams “of consequence” as well. What was his and your excuse back then?

08-16-2018 09:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Open Response to Enquirer Sports "Columnist" Paul Daugherty - CliftonAve - 08-16-2018 09:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.