Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Would Marshall consider playing Ohio as their season-ending rivalry game.
Bookmark and Share
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
RE: Would Marshall consider playing Ohio as their season-ending rivalry game.
(08-09-2018 03:07 AM)MUther Wrote:  I think all he's saying is we belong in a conference with them, whatever conference that may be. I'd much rather have them here than go back there.

But as you and I both know, that's never going to happen. I don't ever see any of the original MAC schools leaving and Ohio has been in the MAC since 1946.

I don't care how much each school there knows they could do better in another conference. They are all happy a s pig in slop being in the MAC. Ever so often you see a thread pop up on the NIU or Toledo board about how bad the MAC is but then again Toledo has been there since 1950, NIU was in the MAC from 1975-1986 and went Indy and joined the Big West Conference from 1993-1996 and rejoined the MAC when Marshall did in 1997.

The take away is you will be able to look at the MAC in another 30 years from now and my guess it looks the same.

(08-09-2018 06:29 AM)Flat Tire 2 Wrote:  The Marshall Ohio U is a good rivalry, but Ohio U's biggest rival is Miami of Ohio; not Marshall. Ohio U and Miami have played nearly twice the number of football games 94 as Marshall and Ohio U have played 59 games. The Miami/OU football game has been played continuously since 1928. Marshall stated the "Battle of the Bell" idea in the 1990's or 2000 while Bob Pruett was the Marshall coach.

Ohio U has a long relationship with fellow Ohio MAC members and they will not leave that situation.

I agree their rivalry with Miami OH out dates the Marshall Ohio game. But just like the Marshall Miami OH rivalry the Ohio Miami OH rivalry is a much different game and situation. Both Marshall and Ohio would rather leave Miami OH in tatters and leave them the walking wounded when done with them. The Marshall Ohio rivalry is more of a respect rivalry, almost friendly.
08-09-2018 11:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would Marshall consider playing Ohio as their season-ending rivalry game. - HerdZoned - 08-09-2018 11:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.