Bookmark and Share
FAU Connoisseur Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: #cometothefaU
RE: FAU Ranked #25 in SI Preseason Top 25
(08-09-2018 09:39 PM)12thmonarch Wrote:  
(08-09-2018 07:56 PM)Noodles Wrote:  
(08-09-2018 02:31 PM)12thmonarch Wrote:  
(08-08-2018 11:18 PM)Noodles Wrote:  That will be up to you. We started the whole "Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime" thing. By 2025, your schedule will be full of new AAC market schools, like Old Dominion, UMass, and Rhode Island. And their fans will be on here lording it over all of us leftovers. Enjoy your evening.

Geez man why so bitter? When did we ruin your wet dream.

Bitter because I sometimes forget what the important things are in life. Still feels like our birthright was stolen from us. But you're right: bitterness is a weak, and ugly, response.
As for your second question, I don't dislike ODU. I was just predicting what is likely to happen. Tulane, Memphis, Tulsa, etc., used to be friendly, too, when we shared a conference. In my opinion, USM is the butt of a million AAC jokes. Not deserved in any form. I'm not going to hate them anymore. That's not the way. I won't forget the lack of respect we were shown by schools we once carried on our back, but I will forgive. That's mostly for me. I can't live what I consider to be a good life while carrying all this hate and bitterness. USM is not close to being the most important thing in my life, but I love my school and its history. I believe we will weather this storm like we have the last 100 years, and we will continue to grow and thrive. I wear my feelings on my sleeve at times. But I can love my school without wishing ill on others. If those schools are okay with their actions, then that's their call. USM will be fine.

Totally understand and personally i think you guys made your place in the history books and it can't be erased. Your old conference mates might have moved on to what they perceive is a better fit for them but you still have the conference mates that are trying to do their best and look up to you guys for leading them into the future. Might be getting too melodramatic/philosophical for a sports message board but thousands of cars cross a road everyday going to different destinations doesn't mean one car is better than the other or one destination is better than the other and it doesn't mean cars are better than the road, they are simply playing their role.Damn i feel old already. Anyways thank you Southern Miss, Marshall, Rice and UAB the four oldest pillars of the conference.

Oh please...are you done lathering them up? We aren't looking up to anyone, we are trying to make our own way. There's no big brothers, sages in our conference, we look at our conference mates as equals. USM and Marshall constantly complain about this being an inferior version of C-USA. Hard to have resect for a school when all they do is whine about how much better they are than everyone else. I am not looking for a move, I like our conference mates, but if a move makes sense then I am all for it. In the meantime I like where the conference is going as a whole. Stability can go a long way.
08-10-2018 08:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FAU Ranked #25 in SI Preseason Top 25 - FAU Connoisseur - 08-10-2018 08:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.