ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2018 Mens BB Best Guess @ Lineups and Expectations
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
RE: 2018 Mens BB Best Guess @ Lineups and Expectations
(07-30-2018 07:30 AM)bit_9 Wrote:  Oops not sure how I skipped ODUBBalls post:

(07-29-2018 11:02 PM)ODU BBALL Wrote:  Is this inside information from the coaching staff or a member of the team, or simply a personal opinion? Breaking down your comments here is what I got ...

STARTERS -
1 - Caver
2 - Pitt transfer
3 - BJ
4 - Freshman from GA
5 - Transfer from LSU

FIRST BACKUP AT EACH POSITION -
1 - Pitt transfer
2 - Caver, or Green, Freshman (Wade)
3 - Freshman (Wade)
4 - BJ, slender Freshman
5 - ????

That leaves Carver who you stated will play but "only sparingly", and no mention at all of Godwin anywhere in the mix.

Not knowing if this comes from the coaches or not, I am still skeptical of the team playing a lot more zone this season. I hope it is true, but will not believe it till I see it. I'm not sure that Jeff will devote enough time in practice working on the zone for it to become solid since he likes to work so much on his man-to-man. If it isn't working he will quickly return to playing man-to-man. Again, I hope he proves otherwise.

If Dickins isn't available then who is the backup center? If the LSU guy is in foul trouble, gets an illness, injury, etc. ... who is the starting and backup center (assuming Dickins isn't available)?

ODU has had some stellar freshmen forwards and centers over the years. Guys like Mark West, Kenny Gattison, Ronnie Valentine, and Alex Laughton immediately come to mind. Most however don't play to that level as freshmen. Hopefully at least one of these current freshmen will play up to, or at least very near, that level - especially if they end up having to start.

It seems to me that ODU has too many question marks to expect them to have the kind of season this year that many on here have been pointing towards them having for the last couple of seasons. There's always hope though.

And is that what we're calling Kithcart now? The Pitt Transfer? =]

That's what happens when you remove and copy only half of a post bit_9. Had you copied the entire post you would have included the post to which I was referring to along with my comments. It would then have been evident that I was using the terms that were in the post I was commenting about in my remarks for clarity. In blewbyu's post (the one I was commenting about) HE referred to Kithcart as "the Pitt transfer".
07-30-2018 12:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2018 Mens BB Best Guess @ Lineups and Expectations - ODU BBALL - 07-30-2018 12:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.