eager eagle Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: USA Today released athletic finances for 2016-17
(07-03-2018 06:22 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  
(07-03-2018 05:51 PM)eager eagle Wrote:  
(07-03-2018 03:27 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  
(07-03-2018 02:56 PM)eager eagle Wrote:  
(07-03-2018 02:30 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  Oh, the students pay quite a bit. The student fee covers the ticket cost for any enrolled student that wants to shows up.

Student fees are not included in ticket sale revenue. Ticket sale revenue comes from paying fans and as I have said is the best indicator of the size of a schools fan base.

It seems like you are splitting hairs. Money is money. We have 38,000 students paying a fee that covers their tickets. We have a few season ticket holders like me. And we have a good walk up crowd on game days.

The size of a fan base is a hard thing to pin down. Every fan has their level of interest. Some fans will be big time donors, and on the other side some will just watch when the teams is playing on TV. Both extremes are fans in their own right. North Texas has 380,000 alums at various levels of fandom. The bottom line is our fan base is growing.

You can concern yourself with categorizing where the money is coming from if you choose. I will focus on what we are doing with it, and how that will fuel our program.

My posts have absolutely nothing at all to do with where the money is coming from. Look at the records and that is clearly listed for everyone concerned. My comments concerns ticket revenue, paid attendance, which is a guage as to the size of its fan base excluding students. A school like USM although dwarfed by the FIU & FAU in student body size and budget has TWICE as many people buying tickets as UNT and other league members assuming ticket prices average about the same. What I am saying is I dont aspire to be a part of a huge program that has a small fan base excluding students

Our hardcore, season ticket buying fan base isn't the size we would like, but it is growing. If you honestly think UNT is content to have 22,000 attend games, then you are mistaken.

In all honesty North Texas had grand total of 1,081 donors like me in 2017. The fewest in C-USA That is certainly bad for a university of our size. For comparison, Southern Miss had a total of 2,530 in 2017. That total ranks USM 7th in C-USA. Although USM has more then twice the number of donors as UNT, those additional donations only resulted in an extra $700,000 for the Southern Miss athletic department.

In the next few seasons, I believe we will see our numbers grow. Our current AD isn't like Villarreal, plans are in motion to engage our massive alumni base, new graduates, and local Denton county population. I would not be surprised to see our donor numbers double in the next few years. But we will see.

Yes, we shall see but in the mentime USM has twice the number of paying fans than most in cusa. Not talking about students, just fans who BUY tickets.
07-03-2018 07:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: USA Today released athletic finances for 2016-17 - eager eagle - 07-03-2018 07:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.