Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Does WKU pay football players to come or only basketball players?
Bookmark and Share
freshtop Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU
RE: Does WKU pay football players to come or only basketball players?
I just listened to the podcast and based on the headlines and posts here I was expecting a smoking gun. I came away feeling better about the situation.

Sidney's Dad was basically taking money from Reebok, agents, etc. well before Stansbury or Mississippi State ever entered the picture. That is where the house in LA came from.

Sidney's Dad wanted him to play overseas and had already negotiated a contract with a team. His mother wanted him to play at Mississippi State because it was his home state. He never says that Mississippi State or Stansbury was paying him or his family. He did say that his mother was getting money from someone (shoe company, agent, maybe boosters). Goodman was digging hard on this one. He was asking everything he could think of to get Sidney to say that Stansbury was dirty. It didn't happen.

He said that Stansbury and the coaching staff never gave him any special treatment, etc. In fact, he was mad because he felt like the school didn't do enough to get him eligible sooner. He also mentions that no one was forcing him to stay at Mississippi State and that he should have left sooner or never went at all. That doesn't sound like the school or coaching staff were paying him. He does mention having plenty of money in the bank from his high school days so he never needed any at college.

He let his weight spiral out of control, didn't listen and butted heads with coaches and that cost him an NBA career and burnt Stansbury out of coaching for a brief period.
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2018 08:09 PM by freshtop.)
10-26-2018 08:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does WKU pay football players to come or only basketball players? - freshtop - 10-26-2018 08:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.