Owl1998 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Rice
RE: *OFFICIAL* Baseball Coaching Search Thread
(06-11-2018 02:12 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  
(06-11-2018 01:56 PM)westsidewolf1989 Wrote:  
(06-11-2018 01:53 PM)HooCares Wrote:  
(06-11-2018 01:42 PM)esposito Wrote:  
(06-11-2018 01:17 PM)HooCares Wrote:  I have nothing to leak, just a guess which would mesh with who we know is in the mix: Matt Riser + Jake Gautreau (current MSU asst., former Tulane asst under Rick Jones and interim coach after he resigned, former standout player at Tulane).
Apparently Gautreau is the assistant regardless of who gets the job. Not sure why or how that is going to work but that is what I have heard.

Wait...a...sec! Adding in the cryptic tweet from Kendall Rogers about "going in a different direction," Andy Cannizaro (former MSU coach and LSU asst. before that) + Jake Gautreau?

Gautreau is from Texas, BTW, and Cannizaro is supposed to be a great recruiter. A little personal baggage, but...he would be seen as a big splash hire.

That would be Olympic-level mental gymnastics to not be okay with hiring Lance Berkman on the basis of his bathroom bill stance, but okay with hiring someone who had an extramarital affair with a co-worker.

Well..... in perfect world it would be.

I think the conundrum that Bill Clinton highlights in these #metoo days is spot on point about how easily some aspects are ignored or overlooked with respect to others.

On a 'baseball' level Cannizaro would be an awesome pick with his background. Probably in the pre-eminent group in the ranks of current non-HC that would be a 'no doubt' the guy is qualified (Saarloos, Cannizaro, Riser to a little lesser extent).

If the talks include poaching some of his ex-cohorts away from Henderson, the silence is understandable given MissSt's run in the playoffs. Especially now that Henderson will probably be tagged to remove the 'Interim' from his label and no movement up will be likely there.

I just would never have thought that Cann would be considered with the baggage that led him to resign MissSt in a flash.

Cannizaro, from a baseball only standpoint, would be an OUTSTANDING hire. And I’m not against it....however, like somebody else said a couple posts back, to block Lance because of his stance on the bathroom bill but disregard Andy’s transgressions that led to his firing would be insanely hypocritical.

And no offense to any MSU folks that might be perusing this message board but....the day we at Rice start becoming less concerned with morals and ethics than an SEC team....well....

That being said, I still hope Lance is the hire...although that seems unlikely at this point.
06-11-2018 02:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: *OFFICIAL* Baseball Coaching Search Thread - Owl1998 - 06-11-2018 02:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.