Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2018-2019 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice
RE: 2018-2019 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread
(03-13-2019 02:20 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  
(03-13-2019 11:58 AM)mrbig Wrote:  Since the season is over for some teams (and will end for most teams after this week), seems like a good time to remind ourselves what Rice's roster situation is heading toward 2019-20 (though I know all of us want Rice to make a run in the CUSA tournament and keep playing for a few more weeks).

Jack Williams and Dylan Jones are exhausting their eligibility. Rice already signed 3 high school players who will matriculate in the fall. Rice still has 1 open scholarship, barring any transfers out of Rice.

I've said it before and I will say it again - I hope no one transfers away from Rice. That includes the guys who have made a quick splash at Rice like Mullins, QMB, and Murphy. But that also includes guys who haven't (yet) achieved the on-court glory that was maybe once forecast like Tim Harrison.

Class years below are for next year (scholarships denoted in parenthesis):
Seniors (3): Ako Adams, Robert Martin, Tim Harrison, Addison Owen (walk-on)
Juniors (1): Josh Parrish (RS)
Sophomores (5): QMB, Payton Moore, Chris Mullins, Trey Murphy III, Drew Peterson
Freshmen (3): Zach Chrisler, Max Fiedler, Quincy Olivari, Reed Myers (PWO)
Open scholarships (1)

If you prefer, here is the breakdown by position:
PG (3) - Ako Adams, Payton Moore, Quincy Olivari, Reed Myers (PWO)
SG (3) - Josh Parrish, Chris Mullins, Trey Murphy
SF (2) - Robert Martin, Drew Peterson
PF/C (4) - Tim Harrison, QMB, Zach Crisler, Max Fiedler

We still don't know for sure whether Owen is on scholarship or not, I don't believe? Probably not but to be fair to him, maybe say for now he is on scholarship and we have 0 open scholarships?

Also, I'd say there is some flexibility within your line-ups and positions. Murphy for instance can absolutely swing over to small forward.

To be blunt, a graduate transfer would be perfect if that can be swung. That would go amazingly well to cover up the class imbalance that Disapora 1 and Diaspora 2 created in the now-junior class.
03-13-2019 04:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2018-2019 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread - tanqtonic - 03-13-2019 04:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.