Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UMass positioning themselves to be in the AAC, apparently
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
RE: UMass positioning themselves to be in the AAC, apparently
(04-14-2018 02:33 PM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  
(04-14-2018 10:00 AM)panite Wrote:  
(04-14-2018 07:18 AM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  I'll never understand the love for UMass in some quarters of the AAC fanbase... They are a total mooch program; they want the $$$ and exposure that FBS and the AAC would bring but have historically invested next-to-nothing in their sports and bring next-to-nothing in return. New Hampshire or Delaware would be better additions and partners but you don't hear anyone pining over them.

UMass would be so far down my list of "expansion candidates" that if the American adds them, I'd say it's just time to close up shop because that means we're beyond desperate.

New Hampshire and Delaware do not want to move up though so they are out. The AAC can merely schedule games with UMASS especially for FB and BB without taking them into the conference while they make the improvements that need to be made. Close members like UCONN, Temple, an Navy could rotate them through their schedules for FB, and the schools of greater distance could rotate them regionally.

NE - Temple and UCONN - 1 game between them a year.
Mid Atlantic /Tide Region - Navy and ECU - 1 game a year.
Florida - UCF and USF - 1 game a year.
Midwest and SE - CINN, Memphis, Tulane - 1 game a year.
SW - SMU, Houston, and Tulsa - 1 game a year.

This gives UMASS the potential for 5 games a year without a scheduling agreement until the next realignment phase passes through. Gives the AAC a chance to see if UMASS is committed to improving their facilities and team at the D-1 level for possible future inclusion. I would think that Temple and UCONN would want another NE member to cut their travel costs. 07-coffee3
I have no need for Navy to play UMass.
We have zero spots on our schedule -- if you assume we continue using a final home game, FCS game to share the wealth with our Patriot League friends. If we weren't doing that, better Delaware than UMass. If you tell me it can't be Patriot League or Delaware (maybe "FBS only")....then I would go for bigger matchups (in recent years Ohio State, Penn State, South Carolina) that we no longer get since giving up independence. If you tell me to think regionally, then Pitt and Rutgers are among those we've played a lot and who bring big crowds.
UMass? Nope.

I personally can't wait to play you guys in the near future! 04-cheers
04-14-2018 02:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: UMass positioning themselves to be in the AAC, apparently - THUNDERStruck73 - 04-14-2018 02:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.