Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Disney - FOX deal likely to consummate by "mid-2019"
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
RE: Disney - FOX deal likely to consummate by "mid-2019"
(04-16-2018 06:46 PM)GTFletch Wrote:  
(04-14-2018 06:01 PM)johnbragg Wrote:  I had discounted that as management prattle. But you might be right here--maybe ESPN is getting high on their own supply, as it were.

I really don't think there's any value added in replacing a locally produced pregame show specific to the Indiana PAcers (or whoever) with an NBA Today produced in Bristol. Yes you save some amount of money, (1 show instead of 22, 23 if you count the hour it fills for ESPN/2/U/News) but I don't think it amounts to much.

Having the ability to put MLB/NBA/NHL games on ESPN/2/U/News is significant, though. That's actually really bad for college sports, now that I'm absorbing the news.

If ESPN can fill timeslots with pro sports, it doesn't need college sports as much.

Thank goodness the college broadcasting model has changed to Conf Networks and that the ACC Network is with ESPN and launching in 2019! For all the ACC network haters... time to eat CROW!!!!!

Hey, as much as I like to support the ACC and its teams, I'm not counting my crows before they hatch! I do think there are reasons to be optimistic, though.
04-17-2018 01:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Disney - FOX deal likely to consummate by "mid-2019" - Hokie Mark - 04-17-2018 01:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.