Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
RE: Michael Hueitt Jr. to transfer from ODU
(06-07-2018 04:24 PM)Monarchblue Wrote:  
(06-07-2018 02:09 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(06-07-2018 01:59 PM)ODU_NYG Wrote:  
(06-07-2018 01:15 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(06-07-2018 01:08 PM)ODU_NYG Wrote:  Because stats are boring. They already ruin every conversation about baseball now.

Its been such a pleasure to see how it has enhanced the game. Teams have really gotten smart about it.

Stats have their place. I can see how different Davey Martinez is utilizing certain stats when coming up with strategy and lineups, etc where Dusty would never do that.

I just don't like using stats to justify poor performance and losses. BABIP is the worse example of this. Not that I hate that stat, but if a guy is in a 1 for 30 slump, I can say he sucks and I don't have to be happy that his BABIP suggests that he's just unlucky.

Not to derail, but if he's put all 30 balls in play and has 1 hit on them...he's probably very unlucky. People underestimate how much luck is involved in sports.

Hell, Kevin Durant made a 30 footer last night. He's something like 2 for 17 on 3 pointers that far behind the line and probably makes it less than 15%. But it went in at the right time.
Stats don't account for people rising to the occasion.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Lol
06-07-2018 05:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Hueitt Jr. to transfer from ODU - Gilesfan - 06-07-2018 05:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.