ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Michael Hueitt Jr. to transfer from ODU
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
RE: Michael Hueitt Jr. to transfer from ODU
(06-06-2018 10:45 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(06-06-2018 10:08 AM)odu09 Wrote:  At the end of the day, there is little point is making the argument anyway: nobody can definitively prove that we would "win easily" the SoCon or WAC or whichever decent midmajor conference we want to compare ourselves to. At the end of the day, the kid chose to go to a school that has a great shot at getting into the tournament (and not as a 15 or 16 seed) and actually stand a chance once they get there. There is no sense in trying to talk down his decision and act like we are better. If you want to say we can beat UNCG head to head that's whatever, but in reality they have a greater chance at getting more exposure than we do. And if the proposed solution is to "move to SoCon or MEAC" then that tells me we are in quite a bit of trouble as a program.

No, the point is that is ignorant to call other schools better just because they won the conference and made it to the NCAAs.

If all the school cared about was NCAA trips, why wouldnt they drop down to easier conferences to get in the NCAA tournament? You don't do that because conferences like CUSA are better than the Southern or MEAC or whatever other low major conferences there are.

In terms of recruiting, every recruit is different. But, playing in the Ted with our facilities is much better than playing in the Greensboro Coliseum. Awesome, they had 1 good year and seem to be on the right track. Unfortunately, they are at a level that with any success, the coach is gone because almost every other conference is a more attractive conference. At our level, there are still more attractive conferences, but the number is smaller.

I wish Hueitt the best. I just don't think kids make the smartest decisions (understandable for 18-21 year olds). But, hey if sitting out a year and playing 3 years in the Colisuem for a low major is what he's after, all the best to him. A far cry from what his offers were out of high school.

I don't know where UNCG practices or plays their games, but I do know the Greensboro Coliseum is a nice facility that has hosted ACC Tournaments as well as numerous NCAA Tournaments.
06-06-2018 12:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Hueitt Jr. to transfer from ODU - ODU BBALL - 06-06-2018 12:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.