Maryland Monarch Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: Michael Hueitt Jr. to transfer from ODU
(04-10-2018 12:20 PM)MonarchManiac Wrote:  
(04-10-2018 12:13 PM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  
(04-10-2018 12:03 PM)Mo Blue Den You Wrote:  
(04-10-2018 11:51 AM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  
(04-10-2018 11:50 AM)Maryland Monarch Wrote:  I agree that making your views known face-to-face are much more effective than message board rants, but that's not always possible. Not all fans live locally or within 100 miles. I used to live 6 hours away from Norfolk, now I'm on the west coast. Realistically, this is my only outlet for expressing my views.

This is your only outlet in the digital age?

Knew a response like this was coming.

MarylandMonarch why the hell havent you had a skype interview with Wood and Jones?! I mean WTH? Better yet, why havent you sent an email that you know will probably never be returned? How dare you lol

Yall act like some of us here are BFF's with the staff and admin. I'm damn sure not going to waste my time sending emails that will never get a nod of attention, let alone a response.

Sending an email and not getting a response is one thing. Not even trying is completely different (which is what OP said). And that's not the only medium we have access to; twitter, facebook, Insta, etc.

Further, if any of y'all reached out to ODAF on Twitter or email, yall would know that setting up a phone call within an hour or two is a breeze. Tell them your expectations and what you're willing to give or purchase if they met those goals. Better yet, call them directly. Their contact information is readily available.

+80 million...

But nah....way easier to just rant and rave on here. Empty complaints. Maybe if they hit 20,000 posts Broderick will give them a call

A lot of us aren't "ranting and raving", we're expressing our displeasure in the program. Many of us aren't able to or aren't willing to get personally involved in communicating with the administration. If we're summarily dismissed because we don't, then ODU will suffer. There is a silent majority(minority?) that already has begun to express its views by not attending games. I think that number will grow next year.

Somewhere between flaming-butthead and sycophant there is a big Bell Curve of fan support. I'm under the Bell Curve, but sliding toward the Anti-Jones skinny end.

Having Jones as a coach doesn't make me angry, it makes me sad. I remember when ODU basketball was competitive on the larger stage and fun. It's not anymore. Licking the icing off cupcakes and getting blown out by good teams isn't working for me. It's like taking your cousin to the prom. Sure, you have a date, but everyone thinks you're a loser.

In the past, my wife and I attended at least two games/year. Understand, we lived out-of-state, had to take time off from work, had to travel and stay in a hotel for 2-3 days, etc. Not a ton of actual support, but significant to us in that it took vacation and a couple of thousand dollars to do. In addition, I had a subscription to Monarch Media/CUSA TV to watch all the games I could.

Flash forward to this year. No actual games attended. No subscription to Monarch Media/CUSA TV. I watched what I could free. I cared enough to do that, but not enough to pay for any streaming services. Maybe ODU doesn't care if they lose my limited support. Granted, they're not losing much financially. However, if enough folks like me do the same, it will add up.

Whether you, ODU or anyone else agrees with my views on the direction of the program is irrelevant to me. My decision is mine alone. I've been a fan of ODU since 1982, but I'm losing interest and getting frustrated. Between now and dead, I have to decide how I spend my time to maximize my happiness. Right now, ODU sports isn't real high on my priority list. I hope that changes. I truly do.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2018 12:58 PM by Maryland Monarch.)
04-10-2018 12:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Hueitt Jr. to transfer from ODU - Maryland Monarch - 04-10-2018 12:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.