Conference Realignment for D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA 2020 and Beyond
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
RE: Conference Realignment for D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA 2020 and Beyond
(07-20-2023 02:07 PM)Fresno St. Alum Wrote:  
(07-20-2023 02:00 PM)Mid-Major Hoops Enthusiast Wrote:  
(07-20-2023 01:42 PM)Fresno St. Alum Wrote:  
(07-20-2023 01:14 PM)Mid-Major Hoops Enthusiast Wrote:  Woah! That happened out of the blue.

UT-Dallas (D3 American Southwest Conference) has accepted an invitation to move to the D2 Lone Star Conference starting in 2025.

I have to wonder if we see the WAC talking to a few LSC schools
now at the end of the 2023-24 season and this is a move by the Lone Star to cover their bases. Also the American Southwest Conference is even more in a bind now than before. What is UMHB planning on doing now?

https://twitter.com/UTDCOMETSPORTS/statu...4056844288
Angelo St. most likely

UT_Dallas considered D-II in 2019. I write down all the schools who have been mentioned about moving to D-I and D-II and when it happened, for the last 5 yrs. (excluding when David is the only source)

I feel like it was a while ago that Angelo St mentioned looking into D1. Don't know if they are still seriously considering it or not. Them or Midwestern St make the most sense to join the WAC or even Southland in the future.

D-II- Loyola(La) 2019. UC Merced 2022. Utica 2023
D-I- Augustana 2018. New Haven 2019. GVSU, Angelo St., C.Oklahoma 2021. Indianapolis, Mercyhurst 2022.

Matt mentioned Hillsdale as well.

But we know a lot of schools that have been mentioned that have been talked to like:
West Georgia
Valdosta State
West Florida
Arkansas Tech
Harding
Delta State
West Texas A&M
CSU-LA
Colorado Mesa
Bentley
Southern New Hampshire
UNC-Pembroke
Lincoln Memorial
Central Missouri
NW Missouri State

It could be more, but we have to watch now because of the UT-Dallas announcing of moving up that was unexpecting.
07-20-2023 09:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Conference Realignment for D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA 2020 and Beyond - DavidSt - 07-20-2023 09:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.