Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Realistic Expectations for BB going forward (next 10 years)
Bookmark and Share
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
RE: Realistic Expectations for BB going forward (next 10 years)
(03-31-2018 04:57 PM)bearcatmill Wrote:  
(03-31-2018 03:26 PM)OKIcat Wrote:  
(03-30-2018 02:50 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  
(03-30-2018 12:26 PM)RealDeal Wrote:  
(03-30-2018 11:55 AM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  I'm just saying, if Evans comes back we are probably a top 15 preseason team and it's not out of the question for a big run to finally happen.

It's funny, but one guy's NBA decision could result in a season that would entirely change this fan bases perception of Cronin
I don't agree with them but the anti-Cronin faction has made up their minds and one extended run is not going to change many minds. I'm not sure a Final Four team would sell a lot of them. I think he'd have to put up regular runs to convince most of them.

Wake me up when that one, "extended run" happens.

Pretty consistently the "anti-Cronin" faction has been assumed to be composed of people who never got over the departure of Bob Huggins. And I suppose some of those are around. But there are at least some of us who started out "Mick Fans" who have grown tired of the lack of "deep runs" into the tournament.

"Wait until next year..." I know, I know. Your "deep run," is always just around the corner. It's like a gambler on a bender...the big win is always just waiting on the next pull of the lever, the next throw of the dice. "Next season" will be different, never mind all the proof to the otherwise.

When one of Mick's teams puts together a "deep run" (whatever that means... "Sweet 16"? "Elite 8"???) I'll be happy to reevaluate my "expectations." Until then, I'm holding with my lower expectations.

Excellent post. Bolded, I agree that it's unfair to label those who are looking to hold Cronin to some objective standard for performance in the postseason as folks who can't get past Huggins. I was always in the camp that Huggins had to go--no one ever spotted me in an ugly purple Kansas State jersey or WVU attire. Conflating Mick's performance entirely with the fans pining for Huggins is indeed incorrect. Point well taken.

Those who couldn’t get over the Huggs canning are long gone. Saying all Mick critics are stuck in Huggs is a Cincy media fallacy.

Not really!

03-31-2018 05:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Realistic Expectations for BB going forward (next 10 years) - doss2 - 03-31-2018 05:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.