Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Realistic Expectations for BB going forward (next 10 years)
Bookmark and Share
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Realistic Expectations for BB going forward (next 10 years)
(03-27-2018 03:39 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(03-27-2018 03:36 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(03-27-2018 03:26 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  That's an interesting list. Here's another... List of coaches who have made the NCAA tournament the last 8 seasons or more:

Mick Cronin
Roy Williams
Mark Few
Tom Izzo
Mike Krzyzewski
Bill Self

Maybe that's why he's lasted so long. I feel like I'm continually between the two sides on this. I don't think we should be looking to move on after his best season that included a clear top 10 team, a conference championship and a conference tournament championship, but I think we need to see this kind of team more regularly for him to stay another 8-10 years.

I don't know, but I still think 2012 was a better season. Sure he lost to Marshall, Presbyterian, and St. Johns that year and had five less wins than this year (albeit in a MUUUUUUCH better conference) but he had to deal with the Crosstown Brawl ramifications (and did a much better job than his counterpart), he ended up making the Big East CCG, and made the Sweet Sixteen as a 6 seed all with what I would consider a less talented overall squad.

The record is worse, the conference results are worse, but the end result and context really makes me think that was his best coaching job.

Maybe his best coaching job, but this team was objectively better than the 2012 team. 2012 was a team at the end of the season capable of making a run, but at best a fringe title contender (and that's probably generous)... Despite the collapse against Nevada this was a top 10 team all year (top 5 by some metrics) that had a very legitimate chance at the title. It's why this season stings so badly.

Oh I get it...I just feel like making a run with a worse team makes it a better season coaching-wise than crapping the bed with a contender. We're not talking about the teams here, we're talking about Mick's coaching, right?

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2018 03:47 PM by BearcatMan.)
03-27-2018 03:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Realistic Expectations for BB going forward (next 10 years) - BearcatMan - 03-27-2018 03:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.