Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Realistic Expectations for BB going forward (next 10 years)
Bookmark and Share
skyblade Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Realistic Expectations for BB going forward (next 10 years)
(03-21-2018 05:54 AM)jarr Wrote:  6) Consistently bringing in top 40 recruiting classes, and top 3 AAC classes

7) Creating a pipleine with local talent, possibly having a somewhat local kid (100 mile radius) every other year.

I agree with most of these, the two I disagree with are above.

I think recruiting rankings are too unreliable of a measure. 5-stars are the only near guarantees, below that there are so many recruits that it's impossible to accurately rank them all. Players will sometimes get bumped or dropped a star based on where they went. Look at the NFL or NBA draft, where there are far fewer players and more dedicated scouts and players still slip through the cracks or turn out to be busts. As long as Mick is being successful at getting players of the type he wants and he is meeting other expectations I don't care if he's doing it with 2-stars or with 5-stars.

A local pipeline would be nice, but it's not going to effect my support of UC or Mick Cronin if we have no local recruits over the next 10 years.

I would also add be ranked #1 in the AP or coaches poll at some point during the season once every 4/5 years.

03-21-2018 08:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
RE: Realistic Expectations for BB going forward (next 10 years) - skyblade - 03-21-2018 08:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.