huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox
RE: Time for another edition of: Fraziers Corner
(03-22-2018 11:29 AM)GeorgeBorkFan Wrote:  
(03-22-2018 10:45 AM)NIUfilmmaker Wrote:  
(03-22-2018 10:23 AM)GeorgeBorkFan Wrote:  
(03-21-2018 08:10 PM)bikechuck Wrote:  
(03-20-2018 10:32 AM)GeorgeBorkFan Wrote:  So no matter the quality of the program, true fans should still throw money at it?

The quality of all athletic programs ebbs and flows including NIU's. We had a hell of a run thanks to the foundation that Cary Groth and Joe Novak poured and Jerry Kill and Dave Doeren helped take to the next level. It is remarkable that this was sustained during a time of AD turnover.

I always understood that the good times could not go on forever and that one or two bad hires could set us back a bit.

We have been set back a bit and it is during these down times that the program needs our support (financial and otherwise) more than ever. This is not throwing good money after bad, it is supporting a program that we love, that we want to have long term success and that can and will rise again with proper support.

We'll have to agree to disagree. If you don't think the program is making good use of your funds due to back leadership, then you should hold it back.

I'm renewing and making my donation. But STF needs to go. If someone doesn't make a donation because they think he's doing a particularly bad job, well, I see their point.

I think you might have made many peoples' point by your comment regarding success under Cary Groth, with Novak, Kill and Doeren. Consider when that momentum was lost. There are staff in positions of authority who should be held accountable.

"Hold them accountable" by calling them, emailing them, speaking out at a function about your concerns, not by adding to the problem by yanking your support when its needed most.

Been there, done that, even with the ticket office about a month ago. Not even a thanks for emailing response.

At the basketball games with the HASF room was on the first floor, you'd see staff in there and you could talk. How many staff do you see around at a basketball game currently, in that role?

Or, recall the event they used to put together to hand out the HASF packets on a basketball Saturday? Staff all over. Event doesn't exist any more.

There isn't a time when the school doesn't "need it most." Perhaps if donations are dropping, instead of blaming the donors, it is time for some introspection at the department. You don't berate a customer for not paying. You ask them why and you improve. I don't see that happening here.
03-shhhh
03-22-2018 01:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time for another edition of: Fraziers Corner - huskiealum03 - 03-22-2018 01:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.