ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The "I assure you, Jeff Jones isn't being fired or sitting on a hot seat" Thread
Razor Ramon Monarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: The "I assure you, Jeff Jones isn't being fired or sitting on a hot seat"...
(06-04-2018 09:46 PM)ODU BBALL Wrote:  
(06-04-2018 08:34 PM)T-Mac Wrote:  Two games doesn't prove much. Sam Harris had a handful of spectacular games.

In reality, Lee didn't do much his freshman year. I expect more out of both of our freshmen bigs.

Sent from my Pixel XL using CSNbbs mobile app

I'm so glad that you weren't the coach of ODU. Blaine certainly liked Gerald Lee enough as a Freshman to play him off the bench 15-20 minutes per game in spite of having a solid core of upper classmen ahead of him. I'll say right now that I would like it a lot if Kalu & Reece play as good as Gerald did when he was a freshman if they too are coming off the bench and playing 15-20 minutes each per game. If one or both end up starting then I will expect them to contribute more than Lee did for reasons that I gave earlier.

Since you have responded 3 or 4 times now without answering the question I have asked, I'll take that to mean that you realize the wildness of your statement "They're the two (Kalu & Reece) most skilled freshmen big men we've recruited since Alex Loughton", and don't want to dig the hole you are in any deeper. Fact is, it remains to be seen if BOTH of them are better this season, more skilled, etc. than Gerald was as a freshman.

Gerald was a point center/power forward on occasion who could post up on either block, shoot FT’s and knock down mid range shots.

To make the assertion he just did without ever having seen either player play a single minute of basketball in person is just absolutely ridiculous.

Of course actually seeing them in person wouldn’t change anything either as he said Sam Harris was going to be all caa after a blue white game because he “looked amazing” to him.

Just take his ridiculousness over the top prognostications with the massive grain of salt they require.
06-04-2018 10:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "I assure you, Jeff Jones isn't being fired or sitting on a hot seat"... - Razor Ramon Monarch - 06-04-2018 10:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.