ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The "I assure you, Jeff Jones isn't being fired or sitting on a hot seat" Thread
monarx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
RE: The "I assure you, Jeff Jones isn't being fired or sitting on a hot seat"...
(06-01-2018 09:34 AM)ODUBB35 Wrote:  
(06-01-2018 09:27 AM)monarx Wrote:  Gilesfan said "People have this assumption that we’ve had a lot of great basketball years but we have not. We had good years back in 70s and we had a 4-5 year stretch under Taylor that was excellent. Outside of that, last year was better than almost any other season."

I would wager that the 93, 94, 95, 97, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, and probably '15 teams were all better than last season's team. Those are fairly consistent high quality teams for nearly 20 years. Not including the 70s and 80s which some would say were even better. Last season's team was good, but to me was more like the 99 ODU team that made the NIT and beat Seton Hall.

Throughout ODU's history, we have owned W&M, at least been even with VCU, and made the NCAA's an average of once every 4 years.

I don't think it is unreasonable to get back to that standard.

Exactly. No 4-year ODU player should ever graduate without going to the NCAA tournament at least once. We should also beat VCU close to 50% of the time considering they are our in-state arch-rival. That should be the standard. If we do better, it's over-achieving... which is great, and should happen occasionally. If we do worse, at least admit theres a problem and a real need for action to see improvement.
06-01-2018 09:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "I assure you, Jeff Jones isn't being fired or sitting on a hot seat"... - monarx - 06-01-2018 09:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.