Bookmark and Share
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: AState preparing to file Lawsuit against Miami
(02-15-2018 04:11 PM)GoAppsGo92 Wrote:  
(02-14-2018 10:12 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(02-14-2018 09:48 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  
(02-14-2018 02:32 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  Most people on social media seem to comprehend it. Notable exceptions being Miami fans, Jonesboro Hog fans, and App State's Black and Gold. I can live with that.

Even non-Jonesboro Hog fans are mostly sympathetic and we even got an unlikely supportive editorial from Wally Hall.

Any other P5 would have just paid the pocket change and moved on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Okay, first I will say, the moral thing to do is pay the 650K. Sadly, moral is not the same as legal.

Now that has been said, I think some points are being missed. Most ACC schools schedule 7 home games which means 1 OOC away game. Miami already has scheduled OOC away games for those years, so 25 & 26 are the legitimate years available. FBS games were canceled that year due to the Hurricane and I believe item 14 is a valid legal point. It will be interesting where they lawsuit should be filed. Since the contract is an ACC letterhead contract, does the lawsuit happen in NC where the ACC is or Arkansas where ASU is? Contract lawyers are welcomed to chime in. Finally, I imagine the ACC will likely deter ACC teams to have any future games with ASU, especially payday games.

My prediction it will be arbitrated with ASU getting 400-500K settlement with lawyer fees eating heavily into the cost.

No one cares that Miami thinks it needs 7 home games every year. That's not our problem. It is their responsibility to schedule the game at the earliest possible time. Not to just do it whenever they feel like the shoe fits

In this case, Arkansas State is a public institution, and Miami is private. and the breach of contract occurred in Arkansas, so it will be filed in a Jonesboro court.

3rd: Spare me with the ACC won't schedule us nonsense. Do you have any idea how many games we've played against ACC teams in the last decade? Two. We simply don't schedule ACC teams because the ACC has a bunch of cheap wads for schools that think a payday game is a 1 million dollar check. We value ourselves at 1.9 million dollars, and if a glorious P5 school wants the opportunity to play us, that's what they are paying or no dice.

The only concern I would have as stAte is that taking Miami to court or arbitration will lead to a reluctance in other teams scheduling them. If you guys think the risk is minor and that it won’t hurt them then go for it. That’s obviously the calculation they are making.

I'm not overly worried about scheduling. I've mentioned this before, but we almost never play ACC teams generally because they are all cheap wads when it comes to buy games. There are only a couple that can afford us, and we're just not likely to venture to Florida State or Clemson for a game.

We're at a point right now where we're able to pick and choose our opponents. Have turned down a lot of offers for buy games in the next few years because we don't feel the game is advantageous to us.

Perhaps we'll have a hard time getting P5 teams to come to Jonesboro, but that was already darn near impossible.
02-16-2018 12:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: AState preparing to file Lawsuit against Miami - chiefsfan - 02-16-2018 12:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.