UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Honest Basketball Assesment
LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
RE: Honest Basketball Assesment
(02-10-2018 02:01 PM)BlazerGreen Wrote:  I haven't been on much lately so I was curious about all the negativity. I went back a week, starting February 3rd. Including that day there have been 59 threads, only 11 concerning men's basketball. Out of the 11 mens basketball posts, 5 have been discussions that contained some griping and arguing.

Couple things stick out to me after my quick review. One, this board is mainly about football, even in heart of basketball season. Our merchandise sales aren't up because of hoops, that's for sure. UAB is a football school. Duh. Second, the negativity on BlazerTalk is exaggerated. I scrolled through the two game threads, two losses, and I didn't see one person call for Ehsan to be fired. Not one thread has been started bashing the team or the coach. I can't speak about Facebook or Twitter but the negativity on BlazerTalk is very mild. A lot of fans were more passionate about playing Savannah State on a Thursday night than losing two straight at home to average teams. There isn't enough interest in UAB basketball to create a flood of negativity, more like a trickle. It's February and 11 threads about men's basketball in 7 days! The most interesting things to read about Blazer hoops are MB's Almanac posts.

im one that reads less and posts WAY less. ive also pointed out the negativity.
to me, that doesnt mean that people are being negative about the team, the program, the direction. if somebody has that opinion (and wants to express it), thats fine.
to me, its more about the fac that every thread turns into a middle school argument.

since you posted this on this page, i decided to just go back and read this page (of about 25 posts)

post 57--dumb comment. seems to have misread. it happens
58--true. couldve just said "i think you misread"
59--name calling
63--good statement at the end, but i originally quit at "facts are not allowed"
68--more name calling
71--you're blind (back and forth bickering)
72--the useless argument rolls on
74--and back
75--and forth
76--and back

thread started as an "Honest Basketball Assessment" with many good points. i could see how one would disagree with some of the points. but its impossible around here to disagree and then just move on.
it all disentigrates into 6th grade.

on this page alone, almost half of the posts are useless to me. so at this point, if i felt i had something to add, i probably wouldn't, bc the thread has been destroyed.

thats just my opinion (feel free to disagree).

i think when many people (or at least its the case for me) complain about the negativity, they aren't talking about people bashing the team, or the coach, or the program. its more about people bickering with each other over differences in opinion.
02-10-2018 07:23 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
Honest Basketball Assesment - stc - 02-09-2018, 10:19 AM
RE: Honest Basketball Assesment - BatesUAB - 02-09-2018, 10:50 AM
RE: Honest Basketball Assesment - UABfan1 - 02-09-2018, 04:24 PM
RE: Honest Basketball Assesment - Big Dee - 02-09-2018, 01:18 PM
RE: Honest Basketball Assesment - stc - 02-09-2018, 01:59 PM
RE: Honest Basketball Assesment - FNblazer - 02-10-2018, 12:23 AM
RE: Honest Basketball Assesment - iam4uab - 02-09-2018, 05:20 PM
RE: Honest Basketball Assesment - Blazer88 - 02-09-2018, 06:34 PM
Honest Basketball Assesment - Rebounder2u - 02-09-2018, 07:25 PM
RE: Honest Basketball Assesment - Blazer88 - 02-10-2018, 01:59 PM
RE: Honest Basketball Assesme - ICB - 02-10-2018, 02:16 PM
RE: Honest Basketball Assesment - LairDweller - 02-10-2018 07:23 PM
RE: Honest Basketball Assesment - bftb - 02-10-2018, 09:33 PM
RE: Honest Basketball Assesment - UABfan1 - 02-10-2018, 09:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.