Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UTSA Students Vote Against Athletic Fee Hike
Bookmark and Share
thefaU Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: FloridaAtlantic
RE: UTSA Students Vote Against Athletic Fee Hike
(02-14-2018 12:33 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  Yes UTSA has weak student support in basketball, why is that so hard for you to understand? Well without more money from students than a desperately needed new basketball arena will not happen then right?

You clearly don't understand what this whole discussion was about...

You made the assertion, as a WKU fan, that UTSA basketball student attendance is low and based off that assertion, UTSA football attendance is most likely low since it doesn't seem like they garner great student interest in sports.

With data provided by the university, which is only overall attendance that we have made available to us, I showed that UTSA does have great football attendance.

Then our friend Josh joined the discussion, not using any logic, believing whatever he reads on the Internet. Apparently, because you'd used the word student, you must know what you're talking about and that I lacked reading comprehension. Clearly by your inaccuracy (again) of the capacity at the Convocation Center, this isn't always the case.

The issue is if you're going to infer student attendance based off overall attendance for basketball (which you basically admit to), you have to do the same for football. By doing so, it seems like their student attendance (and interest) for football is much greater than basketball.

I'm not saying UTSA basketball student attendance isn't low; I simply argued that you made your assertion based off their overall attendance (which your later responses indicate) to which Josh had disagreed because you used the word student and couldn't possibly be making inferences from their overall attendance.

UTSA basketball student attendance is low. This can be inferred from data provided for their overall basketball attendance.

By the way, I'm done with this discussion as I was proven right.
02-14-2018 01:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: UTSA Students Vote Against Athletic Fee Hike - thefaU - 02-14-2018 01:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.