Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kent State @ Bowling Green State University
Old School Flash Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Kent State
RE: Kent State @ Bowling Green State University
(02-04-2018 11:42 AM)anti-zip Wrote:  I actually believe the rotation has shrunk more than it should. I think Frederick is an adequate big that should be getting some minutes to take some of the load off the starters. To me, there are two things that qualify a post player to get on the court. 1) does he rebound and 2) does he defend. Frederick is 3rd on our team in pace adjusted rebounds and third on our team in defensive box score plus/minus. I think he's capable enough that he's worth keeping involved but at this point his minutes hinge entirely on foul trouble. I'm curious if he's slipped behind Nwankwo now too. Not sure if anyone noticed but Nwankwo got a really brief appearance in the first half yesterday. My concern is cutting both of them out of the rotation increases the chances of them leaving and we continue the carousel of a ton of new guys each year and a lot of growing pains getting it working. Big men more so than guards need to be developed over time.

As for overall depth, that took a big hit when Johnson turned out to be a non factor. His numbers his first two years indicate he should've been able to at least provide some scoring. They also indicate he isn't a very good defender. So ultimately that's my guess why he wasn't given a chance. If you're going to be a bench roll player you're expected to defend (just ask DeBerry). That coupled with the fact that two scholarships are going to guys redshirting means we don't have a lot of active guys. Anyone know by Bernstein wasn't dressed yesterday?

I did notice that Nwanko got in late in the first half yesterday. It was the perfect time to give him a few minutes. We were up by 13 points and just needed him to play a little defense in the post and rebound. Unfortunately, he looked lost to me. Too bad as this kid is big and strong!

I agree with you on playing Frederick. While he wasn’t great when I’ve seen him play so far this year he looked good at times. We can’t go on playing eight guys. Frederick is probably our best scoring option off the bench as well.

Have to report what I think was another embarrassing display of low class by Walker. At least twice after making a three he runs by the BG bench waving his arms and taunting them. He’s lucky he did not get a technical. I have no idea why Sendy puts up with this nonsense. It’s a total embarrassment to the team and our university.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2018 12:03 PM by Old School Flash.)
02-04-2018 12:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kent State @ Bowling Green State University - Old School Flash - 02-04-2018 12:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.