Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Is Majerle losing his team?
Bookmark and Share
PojoaquePosse Offline
Blowhard

I Root For: NMSU
RE: Is Majerle losing his team?
(01-25-2018 09:44 AM)dancingNMSUaggie Wrote:  It just sounds to me Majerle had very unrealistic expectations. I'm not saying GCU still couldn't go on a tear and win the WAC tourney, get a #16 seed and get dismantled. That could still happen but highly unlikely. The fans expectations for Benson were ridiculous and Braun being picked preseason WAC MVP was absurd. Picking GCU as WAC preseason champ was also crazy. GCU is decent and Majerle should be tickled pink where his program is at. Maybe he's feeling pressure cause he's making absurd money. I don't know but the vibe around the GCU program is off kilter right now IMO.

I don't agree with some of your assertions. Several appear to be based on hindsight. On paper, GCU had the best team and UVU was right there with them. NMSU had a ton of question marks, including a brand new head coach with 1 year of D1 HC experience. No one expected Lofton to be the player he is. And it was conceivable that Benson could have been just as good as Lofton. No one knew for sure. We all thought Harris would be good, but we didn't know for sure until he played. Heck, everyone thought Chuha was perhaps the best player in the conference and he doesn't even start. It was very logical to pick Braun as the preseason POY based on his history.

The only thing I thought was unrealistic was there seemed to be a foregone conclusion that since GCU was finally tourney eligible, they were automatically gonna make the NCAA tourney. It doesn't work that way...
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2018 12:00 PM by PojoaquePosse.)
01-25-2018 11:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Majerle losing his team? - gleadley - 01-25-2018, 12:03 AM
RE: Is Majerle losing his team? - PojoaquePosse - 01-25-2018 11:56 AM
RE: Is Majerle losing his team? - LopesUp - 01-25-2018, 03:32 PM
RE: Is Majerle losing his team? - Trod0 - 01-25-2018, 07:32 PM
RE: Is Majerle losing his team? - LopesUp - 01-25-2018, 08:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.