Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Alabama/Georgia draws massive 16.7 rating, up 9% over last year!
leofrog Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
RE: Alabama/Georgia draws massive 16.7 rating, up 9% over last year!
(01-09-2018 06:14 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(01-09-2018 05:49 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(01-09-2018 05:00 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(01-09-2018 02:15 PM)Hokie4Skins Wrote:  Austin and Columbus, OH had the highest regional ratings outside the SEC for the game.

https://sports.yahoo.com/georgia-alabama...52396.html

Thats funny. Ohio is one area I figure would be inclined to not watch.

That's like saying I expect Pittsburgh not to watch the Super Bowl when it's New England vs Atlanta.

Columbus is an Ohio State town, and if you follow Ohio State, you are naturally interested in "big time" college football more generally, because that's what OSU competes in.

I live in Baton Rouge, but when the national title game was Oregon vs Ohio State, I tuned in, because even though my favorite school wasn't involved, it was the national title game of college football.

The notion that you only watch college football if your team is involved is an alien one to me, and I didn't even know such folks existed until i got on boards like this one.

Its not an indictment of the area or thier interest in football. Its just an observation that Ohio State fans were the most likely to have felt shafted by the selection process this year. If there was an area where Big-10 fans might "protest" by not watching--that would be it. There clearly wasnt----Or maybe there was--and the ratings number could have potentially even been bigger. Either way, 28.4 million viewers is a huge number.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releas...year-year/

Actually, it means Ohio St fans are real football fans who understand the selection process agreed to by all 10 FBS conferences, and don’t go out of their way to circumvent the process. I am glad Ohio St fans took the high road.
01-10-2018 01:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alabama/Georgia draws massive 16.7 rating, up 9% over last year! - leofrog - 01-10-2018 01:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.