Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CFP selection committee defends leaving out undefeated UCF
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
RE: CFP selection committee defends leaving out undefeated UCF
(01-04-2018 12:07 PM)Nerdlinger Wrote:  
(01-04-2018 11:01 AM)otown Wrote:  
(01-04-2018 10:53 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  
(01-04-2018 10:47 AM)otown Wrote:  Too many people are looking at this the wrong way. The whole champion designation and even the Disney parade on Sunday is mainly about getting the discussion in the mainstream about the plight of the G5 being underranked, and expanding the discusion about making changes to the playoff, mainly expanding it.

I have to say that it's working, because what should be talk about the Georgia and Alabama this week is being overtaken on message boards and the media by UCF talk.

The funny thing is that the P5 should be more upset at Auburn. It's their fault that they unleashed all this. If they only lived up to the P5 hype, this cat would have never been out of the bag.

This.

I do get a kick though out of reading P5 fanboys. In basketball, when an underdog makes a run in the tournament everyone talks about how great it is and how it makes the sport special. In football the same people say "You sons of ******* have no business to claim anything. There needs to be more legislation to separate the haves and the have-nots".

It's amazing how college football is the only sport where P5 fans actually think that making the playoffs is equivalent of winning a championship, hense why they feel it being such a privalege to make the playoffs and should not be afforded to anyone else. In 1 year, nobody cares who was 2 through 4, just as nobody would care who was 2 through 8.

Seriously, every other sport does not have this weird infatuation with a small invitational that limits having a true playoff with proving it on the field. It's so strange that many P5 fans love this. Hell, I'm a SEC and Gator fan and I even think this is rediculous.

The small invitational is due in large part to the history of the FBS, wherein the expansion of the regular season made it more difficult to expand the postseason. The bowls also of course interfere with a larger organized playoff system, unlike in FCS. This is of course not to say that an 8-team CFP would be impossible, but a lot of inertia is going against it.

The top level of football never had a post season designed to crown a champion. In fact, its only recently that it ever even had a multi-game system for designating a champ---before it was only one game.
01-04-2018 12:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CFP selection committee defends leaving out undefeated UCF - Attackcoog - 01-04-2018 12:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.