Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I Have a New Challenging Exercise for You.....
Bookmark and Share
Win5002 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Big 12 & B1G
RE: I Have a New Challenging Exercise for You.....
(01-01-2018 10:31 AM)JRsec Wrote:  
(01-01-2018 03:24 AM)Win5002 Wrote:  
(12-31-2017 08:02 PM)JRsec Wrote:  You may build a conference of 16, 18, or 20 members. But here are the rules:

1. You must group the schools by keeping familiar foes and rivals together. You may use permanent rival status to work out your divisions.

2. Any additions made to the existing conference must meet the familiar foe or rival status of existing schools, and if the added schools also are familiar foes and rivals with each other then that is a plus.

3. You cannot add existing G5 or lower classified schools and you cannot remove existing members.

4. Schools added must at least be familiar foes or rivals of at least 2 existing members of the 14 schools in the SEC.

5. Schools must be in contiguous states, or existing states within the conference.

6. The additions need to add either content value, market value, or be an extremely good fit for the conference. Some leeway will be granted for your argumentation.

7. I will give a +3 in reputation for what I feel is the best solution and I will give +1 for the runner up reply. And I will post my solution when everyone else has posted their conference complete with divisions.

8. When we have built a winner for the SEC we will take those schools off of the board and do the same for the Big 10, then ACC, then PAC or Big 12.

Okay, you have your task so get started. BTW when we are finished we will vote after I give my solution to determine the final form of the SEC.

Is every conference going to be required to have the contiguous state rule? Because if you do you have to make the SEC realignment with the other leagues in mind.

Yes, but with Colorado already in the PAC Kansas and Oklahoma make Texas contiguous.

Also, #3 says you cannot remove existing members, does that mean every P5 school finds a home? Or are you saying just the SEC can't have members removed from the SEC conference?

I'm saying for the purposes of the SEC that you can't remove members. I'll be saying the same thing for the Big 10 when we take a look at them. The reason being a practical one. Both conferences are at or near the top of the pay scale so a school leaving the SEC or Big 10 is highly unlikely. That's not the case for PAC or ACC although geography makes taking a PAC school tough for everyone but the Big 10 and Big 12.

Does every conference have to have a minimum of 16?

If every league has to have 16 and if they have to be contiguous and 2 rivals I'm not sure you can make additions to the PAC or have the PAC realigned.

They do have to have a minimum of 16, and no more than 20.

I don't mean to be a headache to the exercise but the reason I asked the questions is:
1. You can't get get contiguous expansion for the B1G & Big 12 absorbing the PAC. Colorado is the only bridge to the west if expansion is to remain contiguous.

2. You can't get contiguous and meaningful expansion leftover for the PAC IMO if OU & Texas go to the SEC. Its a stretch to say TT, OSU, TCU & KS or ISU qualify as anchoring meaningful expansion for the PAC unless you state CST product is meaningful.

I think its really hard for the 3rd & 4th leagues to maintain contiguous expansion and the standard for quality expansion adding value diminishes as well with the 3rd & 4th conferences. I can see a higher standard for the 1st two leagues but it becomes harder with leagues 3 & 4.

The only other
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2018 02:31 PM by Win5002.)
01-01-2018 02:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Have a New Challenging Exercise for You..... - Win5002 - 01-01-2018 02:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.