UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What are the odds this is Clark’s last game at Legion Field
uabbean Offline
1st String

I Root For:
RE: What are the odds this is Clark’s last game at Legion Field
(11-27-2017 03:50 PM)biglizard Wrote:  Where he stuck around while the president was telling everyone football was "dead and gone"?

Give the guy a little credit for loyalty here

(11-27-2017 03:59 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  I give him a ton of credit...

My guess is that we'll have him for some years yet.

That said, it is a job and a career for him, and the time will come when he is offered a job that meets or exceeds what it will take to get him to leave UAB. That's the nature of his career. We need to support and enjoy him while he is here, and pray that he stays a long time.
Clark should be enjoyed while we can, But his history shows that he will be gone when his long term economic self interest says so just like any other coach

Clark left the school he graduated from and the school that gave him his first head coaching job after ONLY ONE year. They were in the middle of recruiting and were more butt hurt than we will be. Zero loyalty shown.

Clark's economic self interest was to stay at UAB when the program was ended If he stayed at UAB the full three years - he would be have a pension of 360,000 a year starting immediately for the rest of his life. (25 years X 2.2% X 600.000). For a coach I assume never made half that before.

PS I half way believed Hasse was loyal and going to stay at his First Head coach job but Never Again for me
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2017 10:51 AM by uabbean.)
11-29-2017 10:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are the odds this is Clark’s last game at Legion Field - uabbean - 11-29-2017 10:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.