Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

North Texas IPF: Updated with Video
Bookmark and Share
correcamino Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTSA
RE: North Texas Indoor Practice Facility: Photo
(10-25-2017 11:38 AM)Volkmar Wrote:  
(10-24-2017 07:28 PM)correcamino Wrote:  Looks good. I like that the exterior matches Apogee.

If I really sit down and think about it I always come to the conclusion that this arms race is really f'n stupid though. Shiny, pimped out lockers and IPFs (in TX atleast) are completely unnecessary. Not trying to hate, as I'm sure I'd be thrilled if UTSA got one but it just seems like a case of keeping up with the Jones rather than something thats truly needed. What UAB and USA got seems more practical.

Gotta disagree with you on this one. Teams practice outdoors in middle school and high school, as well as D2. It's not unreasonable for a recruit at the FBS level to expect something more. And if your school has that something more, which basically puts you on a somewhat more level playing field with the P5's, you're putting yourself in a great position to pull in some of those recruits you may not have gotten otherwise.

Understand also, a football stadium basically gets used 6 days in the year for football, and a small handful of other days for other possible events. An indoor practice facility gets used daily throughout the course of a football season, so I think it's a very good investment in that respect.

Idk man, we practiced in beat up grass that was used for all outdoor sports when I was in HS. It's still a step up to practice on a nice, probably not cheap, football-only outdoor turf like our guys at UTSA do. Or like i said, what UAB and USA got also seems very nice and more practical.

But maybe times are just changing if even TX high schools have them. I get that they help recruiting (just like shiny locker rooms do) they just don't seem practical to me.
10-26-2017 11:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
RE: North Texas Indoor Practice Facility: Photo - correcamino - 10-26-2017 11:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.