ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ODU Enrollment decline and Academics
ODU_NYG Offline
All American

I Root For: ODU
RE: ODU Enrollment decline and Academics
When I was looking at schools in HS my parents and I looked at VT, Radford, VCU, Randy Mac, and ODU. When we visited Radford my parents loved the campus but were unaware of their reputation. They did not like VT, but I got wait-listed there so it didn't matter (I didn't want to go there anyway). I wanted to go away so RMC and VCU weren't options (grew up in west end RVA). ODU was a good fit. GMU would have been a good fit and I would have gotten in, but ironically I hated the idea of going to NoVA. I didn't think ODU's campus was bad at the time (20+ years ago), but my parents hated it. They couldn't believe I wanted to go there b/c the campus wasn't great (the mall and the old admin building were the only really nice parts of campus - their words. Everything else were boring buildings and parking lots). Its gotten better over the years, and I like the campus, but I can definitely see why others wouldn't.

I don't know what the answer is other than acquiring all the land south of campus towards ghent, but thats not gonna happen. It would be a PR nightmare for anyone with that kind of power to even bring up. I'm afraid that area is always going to be a problem for ODU students....Also, while we are close to the beach, you aren't getting there without a car or a friend with a car.

I agree with others - diversity is great, but if thats all you got going for you (other than crime) things need to change.
09-29-2017 12:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODU Enrollment decline and Academics - ODU_NYG - 09-29-2017 12:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.