Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Who will be the first to lose to a non-Power team (Mid Major)
fanhood Offline
All American

I Root For: San Diego State
RE: Who will be the first to lose to a non-Power team (Mid Major)
(09-14-2017 07:05 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  
(09-14-2017 06:59 AM)fanhood Wrote:  
(09-14-2017 06:55 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  
(09-14-2017 06:50 AM)fanhood Wrote:  
(09-14-2017 06:48 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  nice

I was sad when SDSU pulled out of the expansion of the Big East (due to Boise).

Eh, I was happy since the American had since lost Rutgers and Louisville, and I like regional conferences. That is how it should be.

Furthermore, relegating our basketball program to the Big West would have destroyed it, so it wasn't worth it (And I don't even care about basketball).

I would have supported joining the AAC if the dollars and cents made sense. Alas, it didn't then, and still doesn't to this point.

For your guys to have non football in the Big West the football $ and situation would have to be premium. IE, the AAC schools add you, BYU, Boise, all get $8-10mil/school and an auto bid to an NY6 bowl. That would do it, but I don't see that happening in all likelihood.

I would skip over to this conference, call you all my brothers, and celebrate that day if it happened. $8-10 million would be spectacular as would some kind of "auto-bid."

A Western Division with BYU, Boise, SDSU, Houston, and SMU would be fun. However, no auto-bid is coming, and I expect the AAC to get about $3-4 million in their next TV contract. Thus, there is no benefit for BYU, Boise or SDSU to join this conference.

The MW is fine. We are all in the same boat until your scenario happens. I sure it hope it does though. I like the MW, but SDSU is getting to the point where we are a "program" and not just a handful of recruiting classes. We need to keep growing.

agree...if all the AAC gets is $3-4mil/team/year then yes, there is not point for you guys to join and it would be a bad move for you.

I don't see the $8-10 mil and auto bid either but yeah, if that happened, and you guys joined, it would be really fun. The only way that would happen though is you guys come to the table with Aresco and get the agreement "if we join, we want xyz" prior to you joining. It would be worth a shot at least. Worst case tv says 'no' and that's that. I'm sure everyone in our boat is exploring every avenue.

Agreed. A lot will be determined over the next 18 months.
09-14-2017 07:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who will be the first to lose to a non-Power team (Mid Major) - fanhood - 09-14-2017 07:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.