Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Other Schools Thoughts on UMKC
Bookmark and Share
SoCalBobcat78 Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST, UCLA, CBU
RE: Other Schools Thoughts on UMKC
(07-18-2017 12:27 AM)HawaiiMongoose Wrote:  As a long-time WAC fan who has continued to closely follow and root for the conference since Hawaii's departure, I appreciate the important role that CSU and UMKC have played in helping the WAC survive its transition from the FBS days.

Nonetheless I don't believe the WAC's current stretched footprint over three time zones is sustainable in the long run for a non-football conference with minimal TV revenue. At some point, perhaps sooner rather than later, the WAC's marriage of convenience with CSU and UMKC should come to an end. That will make it easier for the WAC to convince more D-II schools in the pacific and/or mountain time zones to follow in the footsteps of GCU and Cal Baptist.

I also think CSU will be better off moving down to D-II where it can better afford to compete, and UMKC will be better off back in the Summit where it will sit close to the geographic center of the conference.

Just my opinion.

It is impossible to tell how things will evolve over the next five years. I feel that there will be a conference that does not make it. I think the Summit is the league with the most concerns at this time and for UMKC to jump back into it would be foolish. Fort Wayne wants into the Horizon and that may happen next year. If Fort Wayne leaves, the Summit is at five baseball & men's soccer schools. That could open up the flood gates and schools like Denver and Oral Roberts could come flowing out. Maybe even Omaha. UMKC should not make a move to the Summit. If they left the WAC and the Summit collapsed, they could be without a conference home.

As for Chicago State, with their arena and the talent in the Chicago area, why drop down? They take bus trips to Big Ten schools for $100,000 and they get $250,000 in revenue from the WAC. They have home games in basketball this season with Bradley from the MVC and Northern Illinois from the MAC. I just don't see why they would drop down.
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2017 10:09 AM by SoCalBobcat78.)
07-18-2017 10:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Other Schools Thoughts on UMKC - RoosHouse - 07-16-2017, 02:38 PM
RE: Other Schools Thoughts on UMKC - SoCalBobcat78 - 07-18-2017 10:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.