Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Will CUSA expand within the next 3 years? (adding Texas State and Georgia State)
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
RE: Will CUSA expand within the next 3 years? (adding Texas State and Georgia State)
(07-13-2017 07:31 AM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  
(07-12-2017 09:42 PM)panama Wrote:  
(07-12-2017 05:59 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  Does anyone have solid numbers for what C-USA schools are bringing in each year versus what the Sunbelt does?

There seems to be some conception from Sunbelt folks that somehow the Sunbelt as currently configured is better than C-USA. It's my opinion that while C-USA is oversized and would be better off slit in two with each side raiding the Sunbelt for a few additional members they have superior programs.

All 4 Texas C-USA schools have better programs than Texas St.
I would argue that ULL and Arkansas St are on par with LA Tech but LA Twch seems to think otherwise since they avoided them during their stint in the WAC.
ULM is one of the poorest funded FBS schools in the nation
On the Gulf Coast USM trumps USA for longevity and tradition
While UAB plays in an old off campus stadium they are in a much more attractive market than Troy
The Charlotte and Georgia St programs are about equivalent as start ups in big markets--one has a dinky but brand new stadium the other a retrofitted baseball field
Coastal and the F_U twins are somewhat similar but the F_Us have a big head start on the Chanticleers
That leaves Georgia Southern and App St in the Sunbelt and WKU, MTSU, Marshall, and ODU in C-USA. The SBC schools have storied FCS pasts but so does Marshall. I'd say the value of those 4 trumps the value of the SBCs pair
[Image: 4a93319066f958face522f2aa64d391d.gif]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Of course. When confronted with cold hard facts responding with a meme when you can't refute it makes perfect sense.
Silly season post in silly season thread? Which part of your post was not conjecture or opinion? As for our retrofitted baseball field...it's a bit more than that...
[Image: 6516f22ee0a6062d53735c6487bc7f85.jpg][Image: ada9a8abd251024ca6977d0ac6f6071b.jpg][Image: fee8f32d08ae5d7565f06464dbfcd8b5.jpg][Image: 7c102c98894cf7e3342d4639d86b7e0e.gif]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
07-13-2017 07:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will CUSA expand within the next 3 years? (adding Texas State and Georgia State) - panama - 07-13-2017 07:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.