Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The American should abolish divisions.
Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston
RE: The American should abolish divisions.
(07-07-2017 11:57 AM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  
(07-07-2017 10:47 AM)BePcr07 Wrote:  
(07-07-2017 10:31 AM)YNot Wrote:  9 conference games is too many. You need more opportunities to play the P5 in the OOC games without shooting yourself in the foot by the extra conference game. That 9th conference game will give half the conference an extra loss than there might have been otherwise.

And, you need to replace BYU with SDSU. I am intrigued by the concept, but BYU administration won't give up 5-7 P5 games per year (including multiple P5 at home) from 2020 to 2025 for the AAC.

Also, I'd modify the "rivals" somewhat:

UConn: Temple, Cincy, USF
Cincy: UConn, USF, ECU
USF: UCF, UConn, Cincy
Temple: UConn, ECU, UCF
ECU: UCF, Cincy, Temple
UCF: USF, ECU, Temple
Memphis: Tulane, Tulsa, Houston
Tulane: Memphis, Tulsa, Houston
Houston: SMU, Tulane, Memphis
SMU: Houston, Tulsa, Navy
Tulsa: SMU, Tulane, Memphis
Navy: AFA, SMU, SDSU
AFA: Navy, CSU, Boise
CSU: AFA, SDSU, Boise
Boise: SDSU, CSU, AFA
SDSU: Boise, CSU, Navy

(this obviously only works if there is full CCG deregulation allowed)

As I've stated before, BYU and Gonzaga could be realistic Olympic sports targets to make the 18-school nation-wide conference a reality and give Boise, AFA, CSU, and SDSU Olympic sports a home. Nice and tidy Olympic sports divisions:

EAST: UConn, Temple, Cincinnati, ECU, UCF, USF
CENTRAL: Wichita, Tulsa, SMU, Houston, Memphis, Tulane
WEST: Gonzaga, Boise, BYU, AFA, CSU, SDSU

In football, having a cross-national conference doesn't really matter for FBS. This would definitely work with BYU or San Diego St. With the other sports, having a couple non-football Western programs would be necessary for travel reasons.

I think YNot's set up works well. If the AAC were to get a permanent seat in the NY6, I think BYU would find their way in. Maybe something similar to the old Big East where they had a permanent spot in the BCS, just not a permanent bowl.

First, wouldn't a permanent spot in the NY6 game be an easy way to leave us out of the playoff if we produced a good enough team? Do we want to be locked into a bowl game that has no chance to advance?

Secondly, wasn't mixing a bunch of football and non-sports teams what screwed up the Big East?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does a permanent spot in a NYD bowl lock anyone else out of a playoff slot? Even if it did---it would still be a huge step forward for the AAC. Right now we are effectively locked out of the playoff with NO guaranteed NYD Bowl.

The reality is a guaranteed slot in a major NYD Bowl is the calling card of a P5 conference. Get that, and your conference championship race becomes more relevant and---more watched. More relevance and viewers translates into more money from networks. It may not be everything the AAC wants--but a guaranteed NYD Bowl would represent a quantum leap forward for the AAC.
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2017 01:57 PM by Attackcoog.)
07-07-2017 01:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The American should abolish divisions. - Attackcoog - 07-07-2017 01:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.