Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SDSU says it's cutting off talks with FS Investors about Qualcomm Stadium site
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
RE: SDSU says it's cutting off talks with FS Investors about Qualcomm Stadium site
(05-17-2017 08:16 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  University leadership tends to be more risk adverse than hard bargainers to get the perfect deal.

Arkansas State was looking to build a convention center and hotel on campus and one of the developers applying was quickly cut because they had a history of some financial issues. The developer liked the market and got hooked up with some locals to build a competing facility. I'll call the developer A.

Local media and local politicians quickly rallied to the project led by A, while AState picked developer B.

A was given a number of tax incentives while B's application was rejected.

Few months later. A's project is subject to two lawsuits for unpaid bills and at least three contractor liens are filed against the project. While B's project is just awaiting one more permitting clearance to start.

Based on the scant information I've read about SDSU, my instinct is to side with SDSU.

Makes sense from that perspective. Maybe SDSU holds some Trump card we don't know about?
05-17-2017 08:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: SDSU says it's cutting off talks with FS Investors about Qualcomm Stadium site - billybobby777 - 05-17-2017 08:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.