Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Officially The Official Soccer Thread
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: OT: Officially The Official Soccer Thread
(10-18-2018 08:53 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(10-16-2018 09:06 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Can I just reiterate one more time that I don't like Dave Sarachan? I just think he's a very poor soccer coach.

He put out most of the kids today against Peru. We started guys like Ben Sweat, Aaron Long, guys who making their first caps against Peru...great. The kids play outstanding. Josh Sargent scores a nice goal. We take a 1-0 lead

Than when it comes time to make subs, Sarachan decides that he wants to win the match, and bring DeAndre Yedlin, Bobby Wood, and Michael Bradley for 10-15 minute cameos. The result was a largely disjointed side, who clearly had not played much together, and we gave up an inevitable goal after Yedlin fell asleep marking in defense.

What purpose, on this earth do we have bringing on those 3 for 10 minute cameos? It felt like we played this entire freaking match determined to defend for 90 minutes and score an odd goal off a set piece, than changed our mind for the last 10 minutes and brought on our most capped players too...see out a friendly? A meaningless game that no one cares about?

There's just absolutely zero direction within the National Team right now. And it needs to change. Hire a freaking new coach, and let them run the squad.

I'm kind of stuck between "Well friendlies don't really matter" and "Everyone watching these last few games now knows that Bradley has mailed it in and should never be on a roster again"...it's weird, but if he makes those switches at halftime, I'd agree with them, but in the 80th minute was just worthless and affected the game flow like crazy.

The thing I'm most excited about is the level of chemistry that Weah and Sargent seem to have up top...with them playing that way more and more (and hopefully getting first team looks SOMEWHERE soon), that frees up Pulisic to play naturally at the wing and gives us the space to place McKennie and Adams in the middle once they're more mature and better at platooning instead of freelancing together.

Also, can we get Ben Sweat away from the USMNT now, good lord was he terrible.

Agreed. That was my frustration, that we waited until the 80th minute, and then brought on a bunch of guys who clearly were never going to fit within that set up.

I understand the value those three have. Even if I think Bradley has a look of someone who'd rather get out of international football, I just don't see the sense in bringing them on for 10 minute cameos. Especially since they are coming in for guys like Sargent and Weah, guys who they are far more likely to have to play with when the Gold cup comes around next Summer.

I guess if we want good news, Sargent's performance Tuesday was enough for Werder Brennen to promote him to the first team. He'll be available for selection Saturday.
10-18-2018 01:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: Officially The Official Soccer Thread - chiefsfan - 10-18-2018 01:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.