Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Harry Minium Suggests CUSA / Sunbelt Merger More or Less Inevitable
Bookmark and Share
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Harry Minium Suggests CUSA / Sunbelt Merger More or Less Inevitable
(04-25-2017 09:16 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(04-25-2017 09:09 PM)techdawg28 Wrote:  IF any of this happens, I don't think it's gonna very geographic (at least I hope we're all smarter than that). The best programs would team up and say screw you to the rest.

So for example,

West
Tech
USM
A-State
UTSA
2 out of UNT, ULL, UAB*

East
App State
WKU
Marshall
MTSU
ODU
Georgia Southern

*Tech and UTSA would probably want UNT, A-State and USM would probably prefer ULL. That's my guess, anyway.

I feel like this line up would be satisfactory to the schools included. The ones left out would take exception, but they'd be powerless to stop this. That said, is this any better than what they are dealing with now? Geographically, not really. Competition wise? That's the key that would drive this. Trim out the lesser programs and you improve the product you're trying to sell. That said, this leaves out Charlotte and the Florida twins, both of whom I think are headed in the right direction so I'd be reluctant to cut ties with them at this stage.

One thing I'll say for certain. The better programs would be very against simply reorganizing based on geography. That will not happen.

You got the votes to eject schools? Is 9 out of 14 enough to eject schools from CUSA (and that assumes that UAB is one of the remaining teams and not ULL). Will ODU vote yes to basically recreate a far flung conference?

I don't think you can get that done. I don't think that the prosepects of joining that conference with no NCAA autobid and possibly no CFP share will be a tough sell for those programs. What are the number of votes that it takes to expel a member of CUSA?

I think it would take 11 or 12 votes. 80% actually. That could change if utep finds a new home. and IF that happens they likely take utsa with them. If that is the case you take all 3 you mentioned telling unt you need to start baseball. Although i would love to have rice.
04-25-2017 09:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Harry Minium Suggests CUSA / Sunbelt Merger More or Less Inevitable - Thegoldstandard - 04-25-2017 09:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.