Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Harry Minium Suggests CUSA / Sunbelt Merger More or Less Inevitable
(04-19-2017 04:15 AM)BRtransplant Wrote:  
(04-18-2017 11:05 PM)Thegoldstandard Wrote:  
(04-18-2017 10:34 PM)HogDawg Wrote:  
(04-18-2017 06:00 PM)THUNDERGround Wrote:  
(04-18-2017 04:28 PM)techdawg28 Wrote:  Ok who the hell is UL this time? You have ULL above that so obviously not them. Louisville isn't leaving the ACC.

My fault.... fixed it...

If you want to share a conference with ULL or ULM, join the Sunbelt. It's really simple.
If there were no way around it and you had to pic one of the 2, which one? I would guess ul over monroe?

I'd rather be in a conference that had neither, but I'd take ULL over ULM.

What I don't understand, is why you want to stir up crap with Tech fans about the ULL name. You guys at USM changed your LEGAL name to University of Southern Mississippi. You go by USM now instead of Mississippi Southern. You don't DEMAND to be called Mississippi. You're Southern Mississippi. Ole Miss is Mississippi. ULL changed its LEGAL name from University of Southwestern Louisiana to University of Louisiana at Lafayette. At the same time, Northeast Louisiana University changed its LEGAL name to University of Louisiana at Monroe. NLU is now ULM. USL is now ULL. Is that too hard for you to understand?

If your neighbor told you today that he now wants to be known as the King of Mississippi, does that mean you'd be calling him "Your Majesty" from now on? If it does, it'd only be because you felt sorry for the delusional clown. Maybe that's how you feel about the clowns in Lafayette that want to be known as something that they simply are not.
Not trying to stir up any name the school crap. Just always wondered if there were no way around it which one you would prefer. Ive always thought you would think the same way of monroe as we do south ala. Neither needs to be in fbs and being in the league with them would only prop them up.
04-19-2017 08:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Harry Minium Suggests CUSA / Sunbelt Merger More or Less Inevitable - Thegoldstandard - 04-19-2017 08:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.