Harry Minium Suggests CUSA / Sunbelt Merger More or Less Inevitable
Bookmark and Share
Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
RE: Harry Minium Suggests CUSA / Sunbelt Merger More or Less Inevitable
(04-11-2017 10:11 AM)southcharlotteapp Wrote:  
(04-11-2017 09:41 AM)Ourland Wrote:  
(04-11-2017 07:46 AM)VA49er Wrote:  The crap else we going to do? A merger may or may not occur but if it does it won't be the end of the world. Let's face it, CUSA and Belt fans are on here arguing over who has the first seat on the short bus. The P5 is leaving us in the dust and does not care. Eventually, to survive, something will have to occur to increase revenues and decrease cost. If a merger meets those goals, so be it. If not, we'll be on here arguing which school has the best track and field team.

Agree completely. Both conferences are an afterthought on the national stage, and revenues are declining. We're basically arguing about which turd stinks the least here.

I agree, but I don't think many in the SB are arguing. This seems to make sense to most of our fans and AD's. It appears that this concept is threatening to some fans on this board, and I understand why. I think many of you see this as a setback, while many in the SB see it as an upgrade.

I get it, but look in the mirror for a second. What programs have momentum in CUSA.....MTSU, WKU, ODU, UTSA. Where were these programs a few years back? What programs have the most momentum in the SB. App and Troy. Where were they a few years back? Like it or not, the SB brand of football is comparable to CUSA. I think our best are about as good as yours. ODU went 7-1 last year and lost to App 31-7. Case in point.

The idea of a G5 brand of football with a SoCon geographical footprint makes too much sense. This article is right in my opinion. It is in deed inevitable.

Yeah Tech put up 700 yards of offense against the undefeated Sunbelt Champ. 03-lmfao WKU would have steamrolled any Sunbelt team too.

You are oblivious to the difference in level of talent. The whole 11 team Sunbelt conference had 3 players drafted, Tech alone had 3 players drafted including a first rounder.

This article is about the dumbest thing I have read in awhile, Minuim knows it too and puts it out there for these Sunbelt fans to lap it up.

No one is taking a step back to the Sunbelt, 1 year doesn't make a conference good or bad. In 2014 CUSA was the best G5 conference. The Sunbelt has never been close to being the best G5 conference, and will never be. The Sunbelt has never had a ranked team until last year for 1 week
04-11-2017 12:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Harry Minium Suggests CUSA / Sunbelt Merger More or Less Inevitable - Dawgxas - 04-11-2017 12:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.